Florida Babies
Options

Women's Care Florida anyone?

Does anyone else go to Women's Care Florida? Dr. Morris is my doc, but right now I am still bouncing around to meet all the other doctors. One more appt. next week and then I finally get Dr. Morris back. Although, I do like Dr. Young a lot too. One thing that I am not happy about is that they don't deliver at St. Joe's North. I had my tonsils out there back in December and it was SUCH a beautiful, state of the art facility. The reason they don't deliver there is because of something with the neo-natal unit. I can't remember the exact reason. So, I live in Wesley Chapel area, but will be delivering at St. Joes Women's Hospital. Anyone else in this same situation? Should I be concerned about the distance to the hospital?
kaylinsig1tubbab1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Compromise and Balance are key. JH.

Re: Women's Care Florida anyone?

• Options
    Sorry, no help with all the info, but how far is it from you to St. Joe's Women's Hospital?  FWIW, I live in St. Pete, but delivered at a birth center in Dunedin (about a 35-40 minute drive)...no problem there, just a bumpy ride with contractions...but totally doable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi! I just started going to Dr. Young's office this year.  So far I have met with Dr. Young (3 or 4 times), Dr. Bray and Dr. Solomon.  They have all been wonderful! No complaints :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I go to The Women's Group Land O' Lakes office.  I LOVE this office and I love my doctor!!!! My doctor is Dr. Borodo and she is amazing!!! The Land O' Lakes office delivers to St. Joe's North.  I would highly recommend this office.  Here's the website if you would like to check it out!  Good luck!

https://www.thewomansgrouptampa.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to Women's Care FL at St. Joes. I LOVE THE GROUP....and that says a lot because I am a horrible patient. I just don't like feeling like a high school cheerleader being passed around.  But they are all so great. I haven't toured the facility yet, but as far as the distance goes, I live in Apollo Beach...not worried at all.  I would rather drive a bit and like all the doctors. For me, having to go through the worst pain in my life with people who are patient and understanding is way more important than how far the hospital it is.  But this is also my first baby and I know the labor won't go quickly, so distance isn't so much a factor with this one.  Any of the ladies there will welcome you!
  • Options

I got to Women's Care Florida, Dr. Morris is my doctor as well, AND I also live in Wesley Chapel. I really love the doctors (I also like Doctor Young as well). I'm 13 weeks pregnant, so I still have 1 more doctor to meet I believe. I'm not too concerned about the distance because from what I've heard we will have time to get there and get settled. I've had friends in Land O'Lakes and Wesley Chapel deliver there as well and it wasn't an issue. They aren't concerned that I'll be driving from Wesley Chapel either, I think it will be fine. Although I work right down the street from St. Joe's Women's Hospital, so maybe I'll go straight from work!

Baby due March 2, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I work really close to St. Joes Women's too! HAHA. I have said it's gonna be like the episode of the Office where Pam wants to work RIGHT up until she goes into labor. That is going to be me. I will be set if that's the case. Maybe I'll just hop in the company shuttle.
    kaylinsig1tubbab1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Compromise and Balance are key. JH.

• Options

I will be that way too! Just calmly walk up to someone and ask if they have 15 minutes to drop me off at the hospital :)

I heard St. Joe's has a daycare, I was actually going to look into it. Have you started looking into daycare at all? It's so overwhelming, I'm not sure where to start. I'm actually not sure if I should have it in daycare near my house (Wesley Chapel) where my husband works or near where I work (Tampa). 

Baby due March 2, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had that group. I live in Temple Terrace, so I had Dr. Perkins and Dr. Solomon mostly. I delivered at UCH, and Dr. Solomon delivered my baby. I love the group, but I didn't really care for the fact that Dr. Solomon wouldn't let me labor down. I started pushing really early, and had to push for an hour and a half. Next time I get pregnant, I would DEFINITELY see Dr. Bray or Dr. Young. I had them a couple of times, and I was much more comfortable with them. Overall, they are a great group, I just have my favorites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"