Maine Babies
Options

**brooke**

Hey! I saw your post below!

Have you seen a GI doc yet? i would bring that up with your pedi. Hailey saw hers again today and he okayed for me to give her Children's Mylanta for whenever she has reflux flare ups for instant relief! Thank God! I am going to get some today.

There was a few weeks when Hailey would cry the whole time she was awake and only being able to be consoled for a few minutes at a time (seriously, just a few minutes). Once the we got her on prevacid, increased her Raglen and waited a week it was so much better!

Does Kellen spit up a few hours after he eats too or just right after? What made the NICU docs Dx her with reflux is when they realized her belly wasnt emptying fast enough and when the new food came in she would spit it up b/c the old food wasnt fully digested. Thats what the raglen is for, motility. raglen has some side effects (none that I have seen in Hailey though) like fussiness. I tested it and took her off of it for a few days and she became increasingly fussy, spit up more and didnt eat as much. As soon as I put her back on, she calmed down, spits up like normal and eats like she normally does. Made me realize she needs it.  

Whats kellen dose of prevacid? Hailey gets a 1/2 tab 2x a day. I have the solutabs not liquid compound.

Re: **brooke**

• Options

Thanks for checking in.  Today has been great and is the 5th day on the prevacid (1/4 of solutab).  Dan said he has spit up much less as well.  We'll see how the rest of the night goes. 

He spits up both immediately and hours afterward.  The projectile spit up out the nose is the worst for him.  In the last 3 days he has projectile vomitted in my face (from lying down) and down my shirt as well as on the floor.  I will ask the ped about the Raglen.

I'm really hoping this is the answer for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"