2nd Trimester

Anyone craving milk?

Has anyone been craving milk at all? Normally I am not a huge milk drinker but do my best to have a least one glass a day. However today I was craving a glass at dinner and am now on my 5th one! This seems crazy! At least its milk and not ice cream, right? Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone craving milk?

• I've always loved milk, but since I've been pregnant I drink a lot more.  I probably drink a gallon in 2 - 2.5 days on my own.  Not including the milk in my cereal. lol.  But be careful with how much milk you drink - while the calcium is great for you and baby, my Doc let me know that too much calcium blocks the absorption of Iron, which is equally important. It's a big deal in my pregnancy, because I was anemic pre-pregnancy. I'm not sure it's such a big deal in women who aren't anemic, but I would still watch it, just to be safe! :) 
  • Yes, last week I was craving milk like crazy. I couldn't get enough!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!  I have during all of my pregnancies...but more with my son than with my daughter.  I am really craving it this time, too...maybe it's another boy???  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • YES!! I am a milk drinker but since ive been pregnant i drink nothing but milk!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yes!  Milk is just about my only craving.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Milk was my first craving. The cravings went away for a while, but they come back every once in a while- tonight i had 2 glasses for a snack after dinner.
    Expecting #2 In June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ME!  It was ice cream for awhile, so I'm okay with the milk thing now.  I'm going through about 1/2 gallon a day, NO LIE!  LOL.  I guess I could have worse cravings.  Stick out tongue

It's just about my only craving as well.

• Lurking from 3rd tri... But I was just thinking about this tonight. Milk is suddenly my go to drink in the fridge!
  • imagewagneram13:

Has anyone been craving milk at all? Normally I am not a huge milk drinker but do my best to have a least one glass a day.

If you drink a whole bunch of it and belch in someone's face, it will really stink.

Peeeyoou!!!!

• I craved dairy like crazy when I was pregnant with my son, but I usually preferred it in chocolate milk/cheese/yogurt form (I hate plain milk). But I went through a lot of dairy- I almost felt in pain at the end of the day if I hadn't had enough. It was odd.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've always HATED milk and now I'm addicted to it!  I've been drinking it so much I'm going and buying the huge jugs weekly... lol
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Does a body good right? I have been craving milk since day one! Cheese and yogurt too! I love reading these post b/c then I feel normal again, lol!
  • Yes! Well, I've always loved milk. But now I find myself having 2-3 glasses a day.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Follow my journey via my pregnancy diary: http://www.youtube.com/user/farab0verubiez
  • Yep, me too! If I have 2 glasses of milk a year, I'm doing pretty good. Never really liked it much but now I'm drinking 1-2 gallons a week! Pregnancy is so crazy!
  • I find it interesting that every person who responded that they craved dairy (whose baby's sex is mentioned in a ticker or in their post itself) had a boy with that pregnancy. Any of you crave milk when pregnant with girls?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lurking until week 13 <: (3 days and counting) but the last week I've been obsessed with milk! I'm actually lactose intolerant and usually hate Lactaid I've been drinking it and eating mac and cheese like there's no tomorrow!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • All the time! My favorite is organic whole milk. I can't get enough of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • I've always loooooved milk, so maybe I'm not good to compare with. But yes, I am drinking alot more than usual. I think it has to do with that I"m just thirstier, and instead of reaching for something full of sugar like juice or soda, I'm trying to make sure I get plenty of protien and vitamins.  I do crave milk products more than usual though, especially ice cream, yummo!
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• totally, BUT it is horrible because i am lactose intolerant soooo i crave it and then i give in and have some then i get sick.... so frustrating :-(

TTC since 4/2010 Clomid 3/2011 & 4/2011 BFP 5/2011 Natural MC 5/20/11 BFP 7/3/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 11/9/2012 dx Partial Molar Pregnancy - D&C 12/11/12 HCG 12/10/2012 -96000 HCG 12/19/2012 -888 HCG 12/27/2012 -146 HCG 1/2/2013 -275 HCG 1/9/2013 -788 Dx with gestational trophoblastic disease 1/3/13 Meet with Oncologist for 1/11/2013 Second D&C 1/16 HCG 1/23/2013 - 88 HCG 1/30/2013 - 0 miracle!!!!!
  • Can't stop drinking milk! But it's often the chocolate or strawberry variety. And I normally HATE strawberry milk!
  • Meeee! I have been obsessed with milk and we're having a little girl. (: Seriously, I drink 2 gallons a week at least by myself.
  • Yes! I can't seem to get enough milk lately, I have to buy gallons of milk 2-3 times a week. My prenatal vitamins do not have calcium so I'm glad I'm getting it from somewhere :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm drinking lots of chocolate milk!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I find it interesting that every person who responded that they craved dairy (whose baby's sex is mentioned in a ticker or in their post itself) had a boy with that pregnancy. Any of you crave milk when pregnant with girls?
    I'm having a girl!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes. And lots and lots of cereal. Milk + cereal is the best part of my day!
  • Milk makes me sick ;( I used to drink a glass with every meal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"