May 2011 Moms
Options

Do you have colored and/or highlighted hair?

If so, do you do it at home or in a salon? 

Mine is colored.  It's dark brown and I think the color the stylist mixes up is called Chocolate Truffle.  I used to get it highlighted, but that took a good deal of maintenance and I wasn't able to get to a salon every six weeks.  I have gray hairs in my bangs and coloring is a must. 

I was considering coloring at home, which I've never done.  Anyone have good luck with that and what do you use?  I went today to the salon and it was $64 plus the tip for just the color and style, no cut.  I think that's a decent price, considering my hair is long and in the middle of my back. 

I never thought I'd have so many grays at 34!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Do you have colored and/or highlighted hair?

• Options
    I color my hair. I most recently like the NiceNEasy Perfect 10. I use the medium brown or darkest red. I usually color my hair at home most of the time to freshen it up, and then go to a salon twice or three times a year to get a good base.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do my hair at home. I dyed it about 2 weeks ago. I used the Garnier Frutisse. It costs about $8 for one box. Plus sometimes you can find coupons for it. Since your hair is that long, you may need to buy two boxes. My hair is 3 inches below my shoulders. My hair naturally dark brown, almost black. I dyed it Intense Auburn something. I like it. It looks dark brown inside but it's a bright pretty red. I really like it. I definately think I'm gonna keep this color for a while.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never had my hair dyed in a salon and have been coloring it for 15 years.  I have dark brown hair and a lot of gray and usually use dark brown or an auburn shade. I like Loreal Excellence Cream because it doesn't drip, covers well and usually lasts better than some of the others I've tried.

I've had a box of color in my bathroom since DD was born and just haven't gotten around to using it.  I have colored since 2nd tri so I have a pretty bad grow out going on  Embarrassed

• Options
    I get a cut & color every 2-3 months, but I usually keep to my natural hair color (dark brown). I'm thinking of adding some color next time though. I always have it done by someone, but I work for a spa so I usually get my hair done for cheap or free.
  • Options
    My stylist actually quit her salon because she also works full time as a nurse. This is great for me because now she will come to my house and her price is way lower. I can get a cut and partial foil (highlight) for $50. I would never use an at home kit.
  • Options
    I go to the Paul Mitchell Beauty School. Cheap and they do an awesome job.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have been coloring my hair since I was 21 due to grays.  It is pretty dark naturally, so I just keep it dark.  1x I did it myself.  horrible!  I get it done every 4-5 weeks when I am working.  Always at a salon that uses Aveda products.

I have long hair too, and when I changed salons about 2 years ago, I went from $80

• Options

I have been coloring my hair since I was 21 due to grays.  It is pretty dark naturally, so I just keep it dark.  1x I did it myself.  horrible!  I get it done every 4-5 weeks when I am working.  Always at a salon that uses Aveda products.

I have long hair too, and when I changed salons about 2 years ago, I went from $80

EACH
  • Options

I have long hair too, and when I changed salons about 2 years ago, I went from $80 each time to $55.  worth the change.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"