Washington Babies
Options

Toddler Rain Gear rec?

I live in San Jose, but I figured if anyone was going to know who makes the most durable rain gear - it was you ladies!

I'm gonna need wellies (trying to decide between Hunter and Keen) and a raincoat, maybe a rain hat? 

We won't be hiking or camping in the rain, but I'm going to let him go out and play in it and I'd like the gear to outlive his growth rate so that the next kid(s) can wear it.

Thoughts? (And since I'm buying with the thought that as least 2 kids will wear this stuff, I'm willing to spend enough to ensure that kind of quality.)

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler Rain Gear rec?

• Options
    You'd think we would know... but its kind of like asking for umbrella recs =P  It rains so much here that I dont think that any of us even bother with rain gear!   Also the rain here is rarely down pour, its mostly just constant drizzle which doesnt require any specal gear.   Sorry I'm not more help!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options
    I find that Costco usually had a pretty good deal on rain jackets this time of year. 

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last year I bought a Hatley jacket that I loved. This year I found a north face jacket on sale at REi.com. Both were excellent and really high quality. We will definitely get another kid's use out of them. Boots we buy western something or other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

image~Lynchie~:
    You'd think we would know... but its kind of like asking for umbrella recs =P  It rains so much here that I dont think that any of us even bother with rain gear!   Also the rain here is rarely down pour, its mostly just constant drizzle which doesnt require any specal gear.   Sorry I'm not more help!

This. I mean, we technically own umbrellas, because DH moved out here from the midwest with them. But I have no idea where they are. Neither of us owns a raincoat, or galoshes. When it rains, he wears hats. And I'll probably wear a hoodie, if I wasn't already going to, or am not wearing a heavier coat.

It hadn't really occurred to me to do more than buy a hat and a baby-sized hoodie for the LO when he/she comes in February.

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We haven't used it in the rain yet, but I really like the ll bean jacket and boots we got (the boots are still too big). 

Last year we just used a carter's jacket that had a shell & zip out fleece liner.  And her stride rites were fine in the rain in the spring (she wasn't walking outside during the fall)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Last year we got Western Chief rain coat and boots. I won't purchase from them again, neither lasted through our season, and they were barely worn.   I like the kiddorable brand stuff, and you see it a lot on daily deal sites.  I agree with pp about Costco or even Target, especially for rain boots.  They will only get wear for one season so can be saved for future kids. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We bought this jacket for LO last year, he wore it quite a bit, he also wore it the entire weekend last weekend when we were camping and it rained a ton.  I love the jacket so much this year I bought him the rain pants as well.  REI puts them on sale twice year, usually Memorial day sale and Labor day sale, they are usually 30% off.  As for rain boots, I wanted to get him some super cute ones but we needed boots for our camping trip and just bought them at Fred Meyers, not really super cute but they did the job. 

https://www.rei.com/product/786758/rei-cascade-rain-jacket-toddler-boys

• Options

I got N Western Cheif rainboots at a sample sale for $5 a pair (so he's set through size 11!) and they work great for his puddle stomping needs.  Which are extensive.

Rain coats? eh. he's had gymbo and gap and LL Bean and he still gets soaked.  It's the wet jeans that eventually put an end to the fun.

ETA: I thought Target boots were overpriced and sized funny. He has a spare pair for preschool from KMart of all places.

• Options
    I think the Keens would be Not Good with the fleece lining.  Those could take forever to dry.
  • Options
    I agree costco and target.  I don't even own a pair or rain boots or rain jacket myself.  We always buy snowsuits for the kids at target too.  I think you will find that you don't really use them that much so they are still in pretty good condition for other kids to wear. 
    imageimage Brothers! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"