10.06.11 - Baby - mrs.winter
10.10.11 - Emily-Victoria - maryNamory

November 2011
11.23.11 - Baby - HulaLove

January 2012
01.16.12 - Boy - Married2MrWright

February 2012
02.18.12 - Baby - adpilove
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Post updated due dates or gender reports here. 
(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?(5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else?(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend?
(7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites?
(8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth?
(9) What other questions would you like to see at upcoming check-ins?

TTCers:  
Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

**PIP a picture if you like!!**
cai(o)&cullen+ahk
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ??? 9/20/2011

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 17 months today!
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Their vocabularies are slowly growing - they now say cat as well as dog - which is good since it's often an area twins are behind in. And this is probably only exciting for me, but they're slowly coming out of their shells at playgroups and such - they're often quite shy, so it's awesome when they just get in there and go for it without needing me to cling to.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? 18 month check-up.
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Still boundary pushing. I think this will be my answer until they're 3 years old lol.
    (5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else? This was my question - it's something I struggle with, so I'm interested in seeing the answers. I feel like I'm not doing a very good job of balancing myself as "me" and myself as "Mommy". That said, Ben is going to start watching the boys for 2-3 hours every Saturday so I can get out of the house all by myself and just have some time alone - even if it's just at a coffee shop or whatever. I think that will help.(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend? N/A
    (7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites? Not child-rearing in general, but I did recently buy some books on discipline - The Happiest Toddler on the Block and Positive Discipline: the First Three Years. I'll post some proper reviews later, but both have been quite helpful!
    (8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth? HaHA! I mean...no. I've only just started to actually put some effort into losing weight, but don't have a real regimen (just watching my calorie intake, and I always have at least 30 min a day of walking). Things are slowly improving (looks at siggy ticker).
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?19 months, 9 days
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?I haven't done one of these in a while but I'm quite sure the last update was before she really started talking.  It really took off around 16 months and in the past couple weeks she's been talking in more 2-4 words sentences.  She has a pretty huge vocabulary but she's starting to put words together herself.  My favorite, "I love you, dude".  LOL.  I taught her to say "Bye, later dude" and she just added "dude" to "I love you".  We've been working on counting a lot the last month and she finally started doing 1-5 on her own yesterday.  She was doing 8-11 on her own but now she goes from 5 to 9 or 10.  She can repeat up to twenty (that's as far as we've tried to go so far).  She also knows/can recognize all the letters so we're just working on her saying her ABCs in order.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?Nothing until her 2 year well check.  At her 18 month check up she was 24 lbs 9 oz (50th percentile) and 31 inches (25th percentile). 
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?NAPS.  We were in San Diego last week so she had to nap in her stroller, in the Ergo or in the car.  Now that we're home she is napping around 25 minutes and then wakes up crying.  Today she slept for like 10 minutes then got up and cried/called for us for 40 minutes before falling back asleep for another 30 min.  UGH.  We've agreed to leave her in her crib for a minimum of an hour.  If she doesn't want to sleep she just needs to stay there so she learns that it's naptime.  (I must add that when we were in Hawaii she psyched us out by taking 2-2.5 hour naps.  WTH???)
    (5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else?I'm struggling with this lately.  Since I am not working right now, I have been feeling like I don't get a break or any time to myself anymore.  So yesterday I decided to go to the gym for the first time in probably a year.  I went again this morning and I am already feeling much better.  Also, I have a newborn shoot this Saturday so that'll give me something to look forward to.  
    (6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend?I just lived in the Target nursing tanks for 14.5 months while I was nursing.  I mean, honestly, I wore them all.the.time when I was at home.  I like the OMamma Evanesse nursing bra since you don't need to wear nursing pads.
    (7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites?Bright From the Start - DH has been reading this and it's given us great ideas for activities for Kaya. 
    (8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth?I started running/working out a couple months pp and then kinda slacked a lot.  Then we trained for a half marathon, which was last December.  After that I didn't do much for a while.  Started to do Insanity here and there but haven't been able to stick to it.  I got down to my pre-pg weight without doing much but once I stopped nursing and now that I'm back on the pill, I've gained about 5 lbs and I'm really annoyed with it and not feeling great about myself.  Hence, #5 above.

• Loading the player...
  • imagesanae78:

We've been working on counting a lot the last month and she finally started doing 1-5 on her own yesterday.  She was doing 8-11 on her own but now she goes from 5 to 9 or 10.  She can repeat up to twenty (that's as far as we've tried to go so far). 

I just want to say the video of her counting makes me laugh every. single. time. I LOVE it!! 

cai(o)&cullen+ahk
  • imagestargirl76:

imagesanae78:

We've been working on counting a lot the last month and she finally started doing 1-5 on her own yesterday.  She was doing 8-11 on her own but now she goes from 5 to 9 or 10.  She can repeat up to twenty (that's as far as we've tried to go so far). 

I just want to say the video of her counting makes me laugh every. single. time. I LOVE it!! 

Stick out tongue   I don't know what it is with her and "eleven"!  She goes nuts! 

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 17.5 months

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

A is so funny, and it's awesome seeing all the silly things he now comes up with. I just love his fun-loving and adventurous personality. Every day is pretty exciting!

(3) Next appointment date? Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

He's been waking up around midnight and giving me a hard time when I won't pick him up. He also wakes up at 5:45-6:00 am every single morning, even when the shades are drawn and it's pitch black. I think I've been perpetually tired since he was born.

(5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else?

I'm always working on this. When I don't take enough time for myself, it definitely shows in my irritability levels. :( I don't have hobbies anymore -- I use all my free time for keeping up friendships and taking quiet, relaxing time for myself. I get together with friends at least once a week, although half the time I'm bringing A along and doing a kid-friendly activity. I also try to make one appointment each week (book something like a yoga class or a massage or pedicure or hair appt. so it's a real commitment -- thank goodness for Groupon) and dropping A off with a grandparent so I can indulge. I also love the random trip to the grocery at night once A is asleep --- it's a great feeling to be alone and have all the time in the world to browse.

(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend?

I liked the Bravado ones best. I also had Glamour Moms, but those ran small/tight and were too skimpy to feel comfortable in right after giving birth.

(7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites?

I don't read these much. My background is in child development and education, so I feel like it's now more a matter of figuring out what works best for our child and our situation.

(8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth? I haven't had a real workout routine since A was born. Nursing and having to go no-dairy for a while helped me get back to pre-preg weight in good time, but my body is still different. I keep pretty active with A, since we're always outdoors, but I go in spurts with actually working out. Regular daily activity (i.e., not sitting much) is my "workout" for now. I need to get more motivated in this department. Maybe we should do a weekly workout/healthy-lifestyle check-in!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagelola808:
    Maybe we should do a weekly workout/healthy-lifestyle check-in!

I'd be up for this! Maybe something similar to this check-in...some standard questions (e.g., how you're feeling, what activities you did, how well you ate, a totally optional weigh-in...) and then I dunno - one or two that change every week (e.g., go-to healthy snack, how you stay motivated, etc.)? Thoughts?

• imageredshoegirl:

imagelola808:
    Maybe we should do a weekly workout/healthy-lifestyle check-in!

I'd be up for this! Maybe something similar to this check-in...some standard questions (e.g., how you're feeling, what activities you did, how well you ate, a totally optional weigh-in...) and then I dunno - one or two that change every week (e.g., go-to healthy snack, how you stay motivated, etc.)? Thoughts?

I would be up for this!  I'm trying to keep myself accountable for making healthy changes in my diet.

(8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth?

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  We will be 6 months on the 2nd!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  Tired.  R is now starting to wake up on the regular at 5-5:30 am!  I don't know how to break this.  Sometimes I can go in and rock him back to sleep and he will sleep until maybe 6:30, but sometimes I have to feed him because he wakes up starving then it just ruins the rest of the day as far as his routine goes.

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  October 2nd for his 6 month well visit.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  See #2.  Also, like I posted yesterday I'm having a tough time transitioning him to his crib for naps.  He won't have it and it's been real hard.  I'm going to start working on Jaime and Ericka's suggestions to my previous post once we get back from our first trip to Denver since we moved back in June.  This will be R's first plane ride and I'm a little nervous for it.  Hopefully he will do ok, but thankfully it's only an hour and a half.

(5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else?  I'm glad Lisa asked this one because I'm struggling with this too...desperately.  I feel like all I am is a mommy/housewife and nothing else.  Thankfully since we have moved back home, we have a ton of friends and family around so it's been nice to be able to get together with my girlfriends a few times a month.  Also, I want to start having Ryan watch R for a bit on a Saturday or Sunday (when we don't have other things going on) so I can stroll the mall, get a pedi or just have some alone "me" time.

(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend?  I was only able to nurse for about a month and I wore the Target nursing tanks.  I wore them all the time and I loved them.  Otherwise I had one nursing bra that I got from Destination Maternity and I loved that too.

Here is Mr. helping me cook the other night...he was obviously not interested in it.

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 19mo
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? omg, I started personal training sessions this week.  i.can.not.move.  I was much worse off than I thought  :) haha.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? nada
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? J seems to be having trouble going to bed.  such a struggle.  not sure what it going on.  He just wants one of us to sit in his room and he can keep himself up to make sure we are still there.  And cries if he catches us leaving.  If we just put him down in his bed he runs right over to the door and stands and the gate sounding pitiful dadadadadadadad? mamamamamamamama?
    (5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else? really I just have work.  and now working out.  I do volunteer in the community through an organization for women (about 1-2 nights/month and some weekends).  As far as my old hobbies of sewing and reading... not much time for those.  I have been bringing my kindle to work and force myself to take a full lunch break and will read and eat my packed lunch.(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend? Tanks - I didn't mind the target ones - but my one bravado one was much nicer.  I also liked my long tunic style glamourmom one.  hated the motherhood one and the motherhood's glamourmom one.  Bras - had to get fit at a specialty shop b/c of my size.  I liked the anita ones and bought a really nice lemystere one - cotton by had soft lace on it to.
    (7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites? not really beyond baby ones.  I did read a couple montesorri books I found at the library b/c we are contemplating putting J in montesorri school (rather than daycare) next fall.
    (9) What other questions would you like to see at upcoming check-ins?

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 10.5mo
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? i'm having a rough week.  looking for a new team at work (or a new job) - and struggling with figuring out what i want.  and E isn't sleeping well these days, which always stresses me out, and see #4
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  1 year
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? c+p from the weekly bf'ing/pumping check-in on nov 2010 -

i'm having a rough time of it these days.  my supply started tanking shortly after 9 months, and while i managed to just make enough for a month (instead of a bit extra), this last week and a half has been really hard for me.  i've had to supplement with a bottle 3 of the last 4 nights before bed.  E gets frustrated after the first letdown and will unlatch and crawl away, but if i put him to bed then, he screams b/c he's still hungry.  i'm starting to feel like every nursing session is a wrestling match to get him to keep nursing to get the 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) letdown.  I've always had a slow letdown, and until recently, he's always been fine nursing for 10+ min each side.  now that my supply is so low, i guess he's impatient.  i'm feeling pretty depressed about the whole thing.  I really wanted to nurse, at least morning and night, past 1 year, until we were both ready to stop.  well, it seems like he might be getting ready, but i'm not!  Crying  i've tried a bunch of things to try to bring my supply back up, and I'm not sure if i should keep trying or just accept it.  I know it's amazing that we've made it this long, etc etc, but i'm still really sad that it seems like weaning is just around the corner.

i'm also starting to stress about what to give him when we stop breastfeeding - he can't have dairy or soy, and I know we're not the only ones in this position, but i'm not aware of any good alternatives that provide the same nutritional content (haven't tried goat milk yet, but i'm not hopeful).  i need to talk to the pedi.

(5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else? i'm not a good one to ask.  i work.  and i try to make time to knit and read, but i'm not very consistent about it.  i do try to get out of the house to do something fun either by myself or with friends once every few weeks, but again, i'm not really disciplined about it

(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend? i have the target tanks, which i don't mind, and i have a bravado bra, which is really comfy but the removable pads are annoying to situate so they don't show through my clothing.  and i have to use them, or there is way too much nipple action going on.  eta: i loved the glamourmom transition tanks for pp (and I sleep in them now) - they're thicker material than the target tanks, and I find them to be super comfy for lounging around the house in.

(7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites? not yet, but i'm planning to, some day...

hah, um, no.  i didn't gain a lot of weight during pg, so i was back to my pp weight pretty quickly.  my shape is definitely different though, and i'm not anywhere near in shape or physically fit anymore.  bf'ing + no dairy + no eggs + no wheat == i eat anything i want (that I can have), anytime i want, in any quantities i want.  i will in for a rude awakening if I don't get my eating habits under control before we wean.  i'm thinking about signing up for another triathlon or half marathon next summer - then i'll be forced to train and get back in shape.

• imagesanae78:
    imagestargirl76:

imagesanae78:

Stick out tongue   I don't know what it is with her and "eleven"!  She goes nuts! 

Hahaha, yeah and I love her head shake. DH and I will randomly be walking around the apt and look at each other and yell "E-LEV-EN!!" Hahah. She's so cute. 

cai(o)&cullen+ahk
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 8 weeks, 3 days
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Forever tired. No new milestones really. I think he's been "laughing" - they sort of sound like sharp inhales while smiling.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? Just his 2 months shots. Oh and my in laws arrive on Saturday for a week, then my dad, stepmom, bro and gf arrive the week after! Busy, busy, busy.
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Sleeping. For the life of me, I cannot get this kid to nap for longer than 30-45 minutes. He seems perpetually overtired (even in the mornings), and I don't know how to fix it. :(
    (5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else? I haven't been a mommy for very long, but I try to take time to go get pedicures or slip in a nap when DH comes home from work. Also, I go to a mommy's group every week and do walks every other day just to get out.(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend? This was my question, so I'm looking forward to the responses. I found a seamless bra at Pea in a Pod that I love, but haven't found a nursing tank I'm in love with yet. I have the Gilligan and O'Malley and Glamourmom tanks, but I'm not thrilled.
    (7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites? No yet... I've only read some sleep books.
    (8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth? I'd love to see answers because I'm itching to get back to working out!
    (9) What other questions would you like to see at upcoming check-ins? Does your LO prefer you over DH or vice versa? A has started to "prefer" me over DH. Especially when he's fussy (but full and has a dry diaps; it makes DH sad). How do you and DH handle it?

cai(o)&cullen+ahk
  • imagestargirl76:
    imagesanae78:
    imagestargirl76:

imagesanae78:

Hahaha, yeah and I love her head shake. DH and I will randomly be walking around the apt and look at each other and yell "E-LEV-EN!!" Hahah. She's so cute. 

LOL.  I'm glad so many were entertained by it.  :)

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 14 months today  :)
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Well, we'll have a milestone on Monday....Henry moves to the toddler room!  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? We just met with a pediatric surgeon earlier this week to examine and discuss Henry's hernia.  he was born with an epigastric hernia, but our pedi always told us to not worry since it didn't cause any symptoms.  But then last month she said the new research shows that even when asymptomatic, surgery might be a good option to prevent future problems.  Well....good news!  He does NOT need surgery!  This really had me worked up, so I'm over the moon about this!
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Sassiness!  He sure does think it's funny now when mama scolds him.
    (5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else?  Work, I guess.  I don't have time for anything else!(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend? I loved what I had....shoot, what were they?!  I so cannot remember the name right now.  I'll have to check later.  ;)
    (7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites? I really need to get some toddler discipline books.  I'm thinking of checking out "Playful Parenting" but haven't yet.
    (8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth? Not much exercise except for walks, but I did start WW when H was 10 months old.  Lost 20 pounds!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?she's 22 months old
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?I'm feeling rather badly right now.  Miss A picked up a cold at the Little Gym and gave it to me and I'm pretty sick now.  I'm surprised she remained in such good spirits despite feeling so crummy.I think we're one step closer to being potty trained! she has finally started going over to the potty (previously I'd just take her there at regular intervals) and she'll say pee! she doesn't quite understand that she has to pull her trainers down first, though (even though she sees us doing it for her) and today she ran to the potty, sat down, and peed before the sitter could get her trainers off LOL but, I'm really happy b/c since she has made this realization and actively goes to the potty, we are down to 0-1 wet trainers per day (nap and night time not included).  she is definitely warning us and saying "pee pee" much more now than she was before.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? 2 yr check up
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?dealing with a sick toddler, working, and being sick myself.... so exhausted which makes it very difficult to deal with tantrums
    (5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else?I don't do a very good job of this and don't have much me time.  I'm pretty much just "mommy" most of the time and only get me time after she goes to bed at night.  I still do what I love to do most, though, and that's baking :)
    (6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend?I just used the cheap ones from Target.  they aren't really good for going out in, though, so I just where them around the house.
    (7) Have/are you reading any books on child rearing? If so, what are some of your favorites?I haven't, but I'm interested in reading others' responses.  the only "reading" I do on parenting is online through babycenter
    (8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth?not really. just lots and lots of BFing :)  that was more for weight loss though and not for getting back into shape.  i am still out of shape!
  • imageMauiWedding08:
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? J seems to be having trouble going to bed.  such a struggle.  not sure what it going on.  He just wants one of us to sit in his room and he can keep himself up to make sure we are still there.  And cries if he catches us leaving.  If we just put him down in his bed he runs right over to the door and stands and the gate sounding pitiful dadadadadadadad? mamamamamamamama?

I think it's just a toddler thing.  Miss A used to go to bed really easily and since she has been older she likes to cry, whine, etc before bed. she tries anything to get me to go back in there.... she'll cry "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaama! maaaaaaaaaaaama! come here! mommy snuggle! mommy snuggle!" and then if I still don't come in she cries "daddy snuggle! daddy snuggle! daddy come here! daddy help!" LOL  she doesn't say all those things every time but she always tries to whine and sound pathetic to pull at our heart strings to get us to come in there.  I find that ignoring her works the best.  eventually she gives up, lays down, and goes to bed.  she used to do it for a while but since we never give in to her, it now lasts about 10-60 seconds each night before lays down quietly to fall asleep.  it's kind of like CIO but they're not screaming bloody murder like when they were babies....now they're older and whining for us ;)  it might be a little different since J is in a toddler bed and not a crib, but I'd say try ignoring him over the weekend and see what he does.  at least wait 15 min and see what happens....my guess is after a while he'll just give up and go crawl back in bed.

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

Libby will be 20 months on Sunday. I am 23.5 weeks pregnant.

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

Feeling pretty good...this is my favorite time of year. Work has been interesting...in since June three staffers have quit and two were laid off. I just got my performance review (first one since my demotion after returning from maternity leave in 2010) and it was better than expected and came with a merit bonus. So that was nice. But on the same day, I was also told that I am not traveling to our annual convention (which is for 10 days every October) because I turned in a doctor's note limiting me to 10 hour days (not all on my feet), not lifting more than 10 lbs. and having unlimited bathroom and meal breaks, as needed. Not much to ask for a 7 month pregnant woman, IMHO. What's especially weird is I had this EXACT same doctor's note in 2009 and still went to the convention and worked. And this year, we're understaffed, so I really don't get it. BUT, that said, I am totally looking forward to 1) not having to live in a hotel and be OOT for 10 days and 2) Getting to go to my office and not have everyone there (we'll be down to about 4 staffers out of 24 for those two weeks.  It's good too because I know me and my family were dreading me being away from the house and Libby for that long.

(3) Next appointment date? Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

GTT on October 24...I am praying I pass and don't have GD this time!

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

Nothing new...I wish I could get Libby to bed without her CIO. She CIOs every night for 5-10 minutes. I've tried everything and at this point am just accepting that this is how it is right now. But it breaks my heart every.single.night.

(5) How do you keep your identity from being swallowed up by "mommyhood"? Any tips? What do you do? Hobbies? You time? Something else?

Um, haven't quite figured that one out. Not that I feel like being a mom is the only thing I am. But for right now, it's the MAJOR part of my life. Like mom first, wife second, employee third...if I am not at work, I am at home. I do try to take Libby out in the neighborhood...to the playground or a walk around the block, etc. after work. And sometimes we'll go to the grocery store. I don't really have much "me" time...my mom is with Libby all day from 8-4 p.m. and she helps me with her in the evenings now that I am getting bigger with this PG. Sometimes I'll get an hour or so to myself after Libby's gone to bed where I can surf the internet, read a magazine, etc. But that's about the extent of it for now. DH is super busy with school and work and we see each other maybe 45 minutes/day most days right now. So...it's a challenge...but I know this won't be like this forever.

(6) What nursing bras/tanks do you recommend?

Love my Target Nursing Tanks and Elomi Smoothing Underwire Nursing Bras.  

I want to get some PD books and Playful Parenting. For now I get daily emails from AHAParenting.com, the Yahoo! Positive Parenting Group and Scott Noelle's Daily Groove. Those "fill my cup" right now with helpful parenting tips.

(8) Do/did you have an exercise regimen for getting back into shape after birth? Does BFing count? Not so much back in shape, but definitely lost weight and kept it off due to BFing (because I really didn't monitor my portions at all)...I lost 45 lbs and kept it off until this PG. I've gained 10 lbs but I am still smaller than I was when I got PG with Libby (in fact I am wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes from before I was PG with her as maternity clothes this time around). My goal, after this LO is born is to get down to my goal weight which will mean I'll have about 90-100 lbs to drop. I'll be 37 in November and I want to be my goal weight/size before my 40th birthday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"