May 2011 Moms
Options

BF / spit up

I rarely spits up, however in the last 2 days she has done so like 4 times after nursing, and it looks like a lot, but I know it really isn't, but it's a lot more than the little burps she ever did before.  With my internet searching, I am pretty sure that yes. she might have gotten too much milk last night, but I think today's spit up might be a combo of forceful letdown / not bfing in a long time / getting used to not using the nipple shield.

She doesn't appear to have anything the matter with her and doesn't care about the spit up, so it's fine, right?

The reason I slightly worry is that I've had like 2 weeks of on again off again headaches, today I have a scratchy throat.

I was just going to go with it's fine but then I was liek ummm.. maybe it's not.  Perhaps I should get some validation thebump ha.  So validate me or tell me wtf is wrong with my child. Please and thank you.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: BF / spit up

• Options

I think it's fine!

I have been sick while BF and called the pedi, who advised me to keep on BF, just make sure to wash my hands thoroughly before, the baby would not get sick.  And she didn't.  I was vomiting about every half hour for 24 hours (so a stomach bug) and LO didn't get sick.

I would also think reflux, but it usually  has already shown up AND with the letdown/not BF in a long time/no shield, I bet she just got more than she usually eats!

• Options
    I think it's fine. LO didn't start spitting up until he was 3 months, his pedi said, if he looks fine, he doesn't seem to be in pain, if he doesn'tcry before or after spitting up, and gaining weight appropriately (his spitting up has not gone away) then it's normal. I recently had a cold, I kept nursing, DS looked like he was starting a cold too but only had the sniffles for a day. Just try burping her more frequently even when she's not eating to try to get any air bubble out before she does eat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"