3rd Trimester

irritation/rash along underwear line?

My skin is very irritated/ raw along the underwear line on my inner thigh :( Anyone else get this? What did you do to get it to clear up? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: irritation/rash along underwear line?

• Break out that diaper ointment you've got sitting there just waiting for a raw bottom. 
  • I'm sorry you are having that irritation. It sounds uncomfortable!

Make sure you are keeping relatively dry down there (I know its hard these days). I usually make sure that when I am in the restroom that I use TP to make sure everything is dry. I use baby powder in my undies. Its soft, smells nice and keeps things dry. Do you use a panty liner too?

Basically the irritation can be caused by moisture & rubbing of the skin. I know it sounds like an old lady solution, but Gold Bond makes a really nice body powder that is medicated and really helps. Its the gold bottle. I hope that helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ummm....yes. This never happened to me before. I am guessing its from a combination of me being the heaviest I have ever weighed combined with being hot and sweaty all the time (yes, gross I know). The other day I actually borrowed some of DS's diaper rash cream and put it on there. Crying
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have been using my son's diaper cream daily. My husband even commented on how nice I smelt. Haha. I'll pick up some gold bond. Thanks :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha I had this too! I wear a pantyliner during the day now and it cleared right up! Gotta love adult diaper rash!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to switch underwear.  I now wear a size or two bigger like boy shorts.  They don't cut right around my thighs or there at all, no rubbing.  I also use feminine wipes once a day , every other day depending on when I shower to clean a bit better.  I also wear liners every day.
  • Yes, I get this and it's so frustrating.  It's like chafe from not moving.  I've used the monistat anti chafing gel, and that works great.  It creates a barrier between the skin and helps with pain.  Good luck!
    pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hydrocortisone cream will also help reduce the inflammation.

• imageBettyBookworm:
    I'm sorry you are having that irritation. It sounds uncomfortable!

Make sure you are keeping relatively dry down there (I know its hard these days). I usually make sure that when I am in the restroom that I use TP to make sure everything is dry. I use baby powder in my undies. Its soft, smells nice and keeps things dry. Do you use a panty liner too?

Basically the irritation can be caused by moisture & rubbing of the skin. I know it sounds like an old lady solution, but Gold Bond makes a really nice body powder that is medicated and really helps. Its the gold bottle. I hope that helps.

I had the same issue. I had a normal amount of discharge combines with being hot and sweaty all the time so it was very moist down there and became irritated. I bought some generic gold bond and it cleared up within just a couple of days. Kind of awkward to apply to that area on yourself in our condition though lol.

• I use Boudreaux's Butt Paste on the irritated area at bedtime after my shower, then deodorant and baby powder during the day. Also wearing an ultrathin maxi pad at all times helps absorb any sweat that develops around my crotch despite the deodorant and powder.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Powder. Gold Bond is awesome, so is Johnson and Johnson. I also just stopped wearing underwear on a daily basis. If I go out, I wear some, but they come off as soon as I get home. That rash hurts like crazy.
  • So glad I am not the only one dealing with this. What about using the GoldBond lotion? 
  • Baby powder works wonders and I am thinking about switching to boy short underwear.  
  • I get this during my pregnancies. My trick is: changing your pantyliner at EVERY bathroom visit, even when it doesn't seem necessary, sometimes I throw some baby powder down there, and if it gets really bad, I use vagisil. It may take a few days for relief but when it's gone, it stays gone for a while. 
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

• Antiperspirant works well too, there and under the boobs keeps those areas dry and chafe free.

BFP #2 - 8/17/14; EDD 4/25/15; loss discovered at 9w2d (showed 6w3d). Natural MC 10/04/14

BFP #3- 12/31/14- Happy Anniversary DH!- EDD 9/7/15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jezabellajezabella member
    edited July 2013
    Ahh me too!  Right on the creases between my thigh and vag and I wasn't sure if it was because my panties were cutting in there too tight and/or the moisture from sweatiness and not being able to escape because I'm also at my heaviest ever.  I never thought to try the powders, I just was trying to air it out a few times a day by spread eagling and fanning myself lol, and also changing panties so I am wearing ones with more 'padding' on the edges instead of the sharp elastic edges.  I haven't need liners or anything yet but maybe that's my next step if it comes back.     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"