October 2011 Moms
Options

Spotting or bloody show?

As a FTM, how do you know the difference between spotting after a cervical check and bloody show?  Is there a noticeable difference?

Next question-- how long after a cervical check should spotting go on?

I am 38 weeks and was checked yesterday. Only 1 cm dilated, but have been spotting and crampy ever since. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spotting or bloody show?

• Options
    My understanding is that spotting would be just blood (no mucus), whereas the "bloody show" would be your mucus plug (gelatinous consistency)  that is tinged with blood.
  • Options

imageTomsbabyboo:
    My understanding is that spotting would be just blood (no mucus), whereas the "bloody show" would be your mucus plug (gelatinous consistency)  that is tinged with blood.

This exactly..  As for the spotting and cramping, every time I get checked my OB always tells me this could happen and it never does for me (even with my first pregnancy).  It's normal if it does though.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks! This was my third cervical check and the first time to experience spotting and cramping afterwards. Freaked me out a little. Just needed a little reassurance! Smile

• Options
    I had bloody show that was really just like VERY light spotting at 33 weeks...and was starting to dilate a little...so it was indeed bloody show...it doesnt have to be mixed with mucous.  Since you were checked yesterday I would assume that was why, but if it would make you more comfortable...just call. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just had my first pelvic check at 36 weeks on Tuesday and afterward was spotting (brown) and crampy.  It's Friday and sometimes there's spotting there and sometimes not......I assume it's just from the internal and I was told that my cervix was still closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"