May 2011 Moms

Do you stock up on baby stuff?

Walmart just had a sale. I have about 1000 diapers on hand  (he is in size 3 now, which hads a 10lb window. He will be in them a while) and enough formula for 2.5 months.  I would have bought several more cans, but they were out of it at every store I went to. If I could have, I probably would have bought 10 more cans.

Does anyone else do this? My husband thinks I am insane.  I haven't even brought the diapers in from my truck yet because he's going to call me crazy, lol.

I kind of prefer the huge visa bill this month..but then I dont have to buy these things for several months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you stock up on baby stuff?

• I don't need or use formula or diapers, but yes I would.  If I knew I'd be using them its worth it to me to get them at a good price.  And heck, keep the receipt and if DS grows out take the diapers back for a larger size. 
  • Yes, I do it too.  Especially during hurricane season.  We live in SE Louisiana.  If it's a good deal and I know we'll use it, I'll go ahead and stock up.  It's weird how it gives me peace of mind knowing that I won't run out.  I'm a couponer, and like to have at least 2 or 3 of something as a back-up when I find a great deal.  You're not alone!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought four boxes of diapers at the walmart sale.  I have yet to find my formula at a super duper price, but if it was significantly on sale, I would probably buy a couple.  That would be my limit though. Part of it is space to store it.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would if I could and needed to.  We barely have the space for what we need, but if I had anywhere to store extra, I'd do it to save a few bucks!  We EBF and CD so no need to stock up on feeding and diapering essential here :)
  • imagecroberts22:
    I don't need or use formula or diapers, but yes I would.  If I knew I'd be using them its worth it to me to get them at a good price.  And heck, keep the receipt and if DS grows out take the diapers back for a larger size. 

I was just going to say the same thing. Except that my house is way too small I wouldn't have where to put it. But I would definitely stock up.

• imagecroberts22:
    I don't need or use formula or diapers, but yes I would.  If I knew I'd be using them its worth it to me to get them at a good price.  And heck, keep the receipt and if DS grows out take the diapers back for a larger size. 

Exactly this. :) I'm all about sales and ease when it comes to shopping. 

• we EBF and CD, but I have more wipes than you could imagine.  Think there are 4 giant refill boxes and then a few of the kind that are just a bag with the lid to keep in the diaper bag....

I have a friend who stocks up on diapers and I collect coupons for her.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I just bought a months supply of formula because it was a  great deal.  Wish I could have bought more, but funds are limited  these days.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • BRU had a huge diaper sale labor day weekend and I had another coupon too, so I bought some size 2s, a bunch of 3s and a few 4s. I haven't counted how many we have, but we must have exceeded 800-1000. So, you are not alone in stocking up.
  • I do when there are some deals at BRU or Amazon. I buy the larger sizes when there is a sale if I am not sure of how long she will be in the current size. 

I even returned some of the extra creams and washes to get the ones that my daughter actually uses. she has backups of just about everything just in case.

Hey if I can save some $$$ and get her the good stuff then yes I will!  

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I definitely do.  We CD, but use disposables when we are out and about for a long period of time so I don't like spending too much on them.  I have plenty and shouldn't need to buy any more until he is in size 5s.  I'm hoping though, that he is potty trained by then.  Too much to ask?  ;-) 

I also have bought quite a few summer clothes for next summer on sales here.  Shorts for $1, shirts for $1.  That is my kind of sale.

• I stock up on everything that is non-perishable, so I think nothing strange of it.

We are Amazon/Costco/Sam's/BJ's buyers of everything.  Of the things I use often, it would be strange for me to not know I had another one waiting to go.  I hate running out of anything!

• Yes!  Before DD was born I started looking at sales and anything too good to be true I stocked up on.  DH complained for a second until he realized how much diapers/formula cost, I always had extra of everything in DD's closet so he didn't worry about running out, and I save a ton of money!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"