Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

What med is your LO one for reflux?

I am wondering what meds are out there for reflux. So far my LO has been on Zantac and it's doing squat. I'd like something to talk over with the pedi tomorrow. Thanks !

Re: What med is your LO one for reflux?

• Options

Ranitidine, which is the generic form of Zantac. My DD had terrible reflux until she was put on it. It's slowly starting to return though, but I think that's just because she needs a adjustment on her dose.

I hope you find something that works soon!

Lactavist.Intactivist.Co-Sleeping/Crib using.CDing/ECing.Babywearing.Attachment Parent.BLW. 'Crunchy' Mommy! Both boys' are on the spectrum. Life is busy, but great! Currently carrying my second surro babe. :]
  • Options
    DS is on Axid and has been doing great on it. He even likes the flavor! He takes the medicine without a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS  is on Axid, which the pedi says is like Zantac but tastes better. I don't think it's doing anything so she called in a rx for Prilosec that we're starting to try today.
    TTC since 8/08 with MFI IVF #1 Nov 2010 BFP! Twins!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is on Zantac. His pain has gotten a lot better, but the spit up has gotten much worse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is on Prilosec and it seems to be working good, it's bubblegum flavored and he takes it twice a day without any problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO has been on Zantac for the past few weeks. At first it seemed to be working well, but the reflux seems to have gotten worse the past week.  We've upped the dosage, but hasn't really helped.  If it doesn't get better we're going to talk with the pedi about a different medicine.  BTW, our we use the non-flavored Zantac and our LO will take it without a fuss....but I think that's pretty rare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is on ranatidine which seemed to help at first but now things seem to have gotten worse.  The flavor is also terrible.  Smells like strong, minty, toothpaste.  She hates it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"