Military Families
Options

Deployment?

I grew up an army brat so I feel like I should know the answer to this question but I can't seem to remember. My Fiancee feels like his reserve unit might deploy but they haven't said anything for sure.  He suspects because they're replacing all the old with the new and repainting everything from the last time the unit deployed.  I guess I'm just wondering when he'll know for sure? Do they tell them a few months in advance or a month, a few weeks? We really need to know because it affects a lot if he does including the wedding, TTC again after our loss, moving into a new place...it's just a lot of decisions to make before he does...if he does.
Stephanie Lynn 
*BFP3:7/10/14 EDD: 3/19/15--Renley Alexander born 3/12/15!!*
11/17/14-adopted a furbaby named Luna (born 9/05/14)
BFP2: 11/25/11-Aaron Alexander born sleeping at 31 weeks on 05/31/12
BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks
S&A together since 05/14/11

Re: Deployment?

• Options
    I think they have to let you know no sooner than 1 month out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We started hearing rumors of orders and ramping up a year out.  We got orders 4 months out.  It really depends on the unit and when the higher ups decide to send the orders out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got our last set of deployment orders about 6 months out. I'm only guessing, but it could depend on their specific jobs and how much training will be necessary.
  • Options
    When my H was in the NG his unit knew over a year before they deployed, I want to say they knew unofficially almost 2 years out.  He did not deploy with them because he was in the ROTC as well, so I am not sure how far out they got official orders, but they knew really far in advance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NAVY is a lil different.. but from my experience with an old ex (MARINE) they told him about 3 weeks before his last deployment.. but it really does depend on their unit and the chain of command =]
  • Options
    DH is NG.  There were rumors of a deployment for almost 2 years, but the dates kept changing.  We got official notice less than a month before AT, and less than 2 months before the deployment orders start.
  • Options
    My husbands unit just deployed they told them about 6 months that they were going to deploy, around when and maybe where but they didnt get any real details until they were gone to predeployment training in fort hood, when they got the actual orders. They told us they would give us enough time to get everything taken care of but they had nothing in stone until those orders are cut. Luckly for me he ended up not going with the unit, and now is talking about going active duty.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, hopefully we'll know something soon. He goes back the 1st and 2nd for his monthly training.
    Stephanie Lynn 
    *BFP3:7/10/14 EDD: 3/19/15--Renley Alexander born 3/12/15!!*
    11/17/14-adopted a furbaby named Luna (born 9/05/14)
    BFP2: 11/25/11-Aaron Alexander born sleeping at 31 weeks on 05/31/12
    BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks
    S&A together since 05/14/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"