Washington Babies
Options

I feel bummed out...

So I had my 36 week appt today and I asked my OB to check my cervix since he was doing the group b strep test. He checked and told me that there is nothing going on, I'm not doing anything.

I have my c/s scheduled for my 39th week and I wasn't that set on a VBAC before, but now I find myself hoping I'll go into labor on my own. I'm having period-like cramps that almost always go around through my lower back along with BH that are up higher on my belly. My OB said that it's still possible for my water to break or that I'll go into labor on my own, but I guess that knowing that nothing is happening makes me feel like my body isn't going to do what it's supposed to do again. I'm not so set on the VBAC that I'd cancel my c-section because I'm definitely ready to meet this baby, but I feel like I keep getting my hopes up for no reason. If that makes any sense.

I just feel bummed out that my appointment didn't go better. I had really hoped that all the cramping was doing something...  That's all. I just had to get that out.

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: I feel bummed out...

• Options
    Ah I am sorry K. I hope your night gets better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry =(  but remember, 36 weeks is still really early!!  Most people arent dialated at all at 36 weeks, there is still time for your body to kick into gear!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

image~Lynchie~:
    I'm sorry =(  but remember, 36 weeks is still really early!!  Most people arent dialated at all at 36 weeks, there is still time for your body to kick into gear!

I keep telling myself that and so does Nathan :-) I think it's because I know my c/s is a week earlier than my actual due date, so I feel a rush to get my body to do what it's supposed to do. I hope my body kicks into gear though!

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

image~Lynchie~:

Definitely this! Can you push back your c-section to after your due date?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are bummed out.  Be patient (I know it's tough) but going into labor is kind of a mystery.  You could go into labor at any moment.  I really hope you go into labor naturally if that's what you want.  I went in for my 39 week appt and the only thing I had going on was I was slightly soft.  I went into labor the next day and T was born the day after that.  So I went from zero to baby in a 3 day period. Hang in there mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageIkesHawaiian06:

image~Lynchie~:

I keep telling myself that and so does Nathan :-) I think it's because I know my c/s is a week earlier than my actual due date, so I feel a rush to get my body to do what it's supposed to do. I hope my body kicks into gear though!

Do you want me to send some of my contractions down south to you??  I have more than enough to share!! =)

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options
    36 weeks is way too early to read anything into it! Try and stay positive. Although if your c section is for 39 weeks you might not be giving yourself enough of an opportunity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image~Lynchie~:
    imageIkesHawaiian06:

image~Lynchie~:

Do you want me to send some of my contractions down south to you??  I have more than enough to share!! =)

Feel free to share :-) ... How is Holden handling your bedrest? 

And yeah, now I'm kind of done with my pity party... I think once I got it out, I felt better. 

• Options
    You can do it Mama!!! I wasn't dilated at all until the day Q was born. Even after 12 hours of regular contractions still only a "dimple" and they sent me home. She was born later that day. Fingers crossed that your body will co-operate and you'll meet your LO soon. 
  • Options

Kami, I can totally understand your frustration, but it is waaayyy too early to feel defeated.  Can I ask why you have the c/s scheduled for a week early?  Dr. J wouldn't even check me until my 38 week appt i think.  I know at my 39 week I wasn't anything, yet Walker was born 2 days later.  A lot can change. Once you hit the fullterm mark start walk lots, having sex, bouncing on yoga ball, i swear that is what finally set thing in motion for us.

• Options
    Hang in there Kami you are nearly there! Hugs Mama :)
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    imagecmcmillan:

Kami, I can totally understand your frustration, but it is waaayyy too early to feel defeated.  Can I ask why you have the c/s scheduled for a week early?  Dr. J wouldn't even check me until my 38 week appt i think.  I know at my 39 week I wasn't anything, yet Walker was born 2 days later.  A lot can change. Once you hit the fullterm mark start walk lots, having sex, bouncing on yoga ball, i swear that is what finally set thing in motion for us.

If you're planning on a repeat c/s, which I have been this whole pregnancy, they schedule it after you hit 39 weeks. It hasn't been until recently that I have started thinking that I could have a VBAC.

• Options
    A lot can happen in three weeks, woman. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I was not effaced or dilated at 37 weeks, but went into labor at 39!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    I am sorry sweetie.  After my try to VBAC and ending with CS when its time baby #2 I plan for CS.  Labor was just too hard on my body. But I am sorry you are bummed for what you wanted. :-)  GL!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hugs to you!  I was going to say what everyone else has already mentioned - that you can go from nothing to completely dilated in less than a day.  Hang in there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry you are bummed and I would be, too.  I really hope that something happens in these next three weeks before your c-section so you can have the birth that you are hoping for.  *hugs

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options
    That sucks. And, you have every right to be bummed out! I'm sorry you didn't get better news.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry! But I agree with the other girls a lot can change in the next few weeks. I'll be hoping that things start progressing for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    imageIkesHawaiian06:
    imagecmcmillan:

If you're planning on a repeat c/s, which I have been this whole pregnancy, they schedule it after you hit 39 weeks. It hasn't been until recently that I have started thinking that I could have a VBAC.

I really hope you go into labor on your own!  If it helps, I am trying for a VBAC but my MFM still schedules a RCS for 39 weeks just in case.  So even if you told your OB you wanted VBAC you might still be on the 39 week schedule. 
    My MFM won't even check me until 37 weeks -- 36 is early so don't let yourself get down in the dumps, there is still plenty of time for this to happen on it's own!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecmcmillan:

Totally all of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"