May 2011 Moms
Options

4 month shots

Hi all. I have been mostly lurking on this board. Formerly from July 2011, but ended up a May mom due to PROM (premature rupture of membranes). Michael got his 4 month shots today at 1:30 and he slept all afternoon. He was up briefly while we ran to the store and cried the whole way to the store and I had to hold him in the store. He fell asleep on the way home from the store and has been sleeping since. Basically he has slept from 2:00-5:30. And from 6:30-still sleeping. Normal bedtime is 9... I'm assuming this is normal, but just checking to see if anyone else had this reaction. TIA! :)
Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage

Re: 4 month shots

• Options
    Shots generally cause sleepiness and soreness. After DS's 4 month shots he was exhausted and very very cranky. I gave him lots of extra snuggles. He slept ok and when he wasn't asleep he seemed ok enough not to need any meds.
  • Options

imageMcAllie5:
    Shots generally cause sleepiness and soreness. After DS's 4 month shots he was exhausted and very very cranky. I gave him lots of extra snuggles. He slept ok and when he wasn't asleep he seemed ok enough not to need any meds.

Thanks, I was just a little worried because this didn't happen with his 2 month shots.

Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sleepiness is normal, but if you're worried then call in. I'm always of the school of thought of "when in doubt, call". 

It's also normal for their temp to go up, but if it does, call too. (Above 99 degrees, I think.) 

• Options

My boys were sad and cranky the evening after their shots and both STTN when they usually wake up once or twice.

ETA: They also ran low grade fevers, about 99.4-99.6 for a day or so. 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DS got his 4 month shots yesterday too. He slept from 4:30-9:30, then went down for bed at 10:00 and slept until 8 this morning. He's now taking another nap. This round def caused sleepiness. Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"