Minnesota Babies
Options

question for mamas...

Hey ladies, 

I just have some questoins... I have a daughter who is 11 1/2 mths, I've been working part time with people with disabilities since LO was 3 mths old and have previously worked as a CNA.   I've always wanted to be a SAHM but couldn't think of a way to do it, financially. My boss where I'm working now is due with her LO in November and we have been discussing me providing care for him in my home,  but I'd like to watch one more child so I can justify being a SAHM financially.  How would I go about finding another child to provide care for? 

I'd love for some imput from other mamas!

Thanks! =)

Re: question for mamas...

• Options

I know a mom who found her family through Care.com. You could look at craigslist too. Or mention it to some other moms and they may know someone who is looking for a SAHM to watch their child. I believe if you watch children for more than 1 family on the same day you have to be licensed? You could watch kids from one family on M,W, F and the other families kids on T, Th but I believe if you are watching them on the same day you need to be licensed? Maybe someone else can provide clarification.

I watch one child now very part time and it's been a really good experience. She's like a part of our family. It's been really nice for my daughter to learn how to share her mom and not always have all of my attention, as well as playing with another little girl on a regular basis.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure to look into county/state laws. Technically you can watch as many of your blood related relatives but only one other "family" without being licensed.
    "imageimage
    The big sister, and Momma 30 weeks along with baby sister
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Food Blog, Family and Baby Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"