Preemies
Options

Daycare....

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted over here, I have just been so busy with the girls I dont get to come back and help support everyone.

Short Back story: DH lost his job a few months prior to us finding out that we were having the girls.  DH got special certifications while looking for another job that would almost double his pay.  The only catch is that it is hard to get your foot in the door to most of the jobs but when you do, you are set.  So  he wasnt able to land one of those jobs before the girls came early.  So, I worked in the day and DH worked evenings. That has worked great for us and we have not had to put the girls in daycare.  It has saved us tons of germs and money.

Fast forward to now. DH is going crazy being home with the girls. He has a few interviews for the better paying jobs in the next few weeks. I will eventually be able to quit my job and be SAHM, but for about 6 months I want to make sure everything is Kosher so the girls would have to go to daycare. I have looked at in-home nannys but until we move to a bigger place I would not feel comfortable having a nanny in our tiny house.  We find out next week if the girls are approved for Synagis. Ella still needs it because of her heart condition and they said that Sophia would get it too because of her weight issues. 

So, I quess my questions are 1. They almost a year old, am I horrible mom for putting them in daycare?  2. We have in home PT weekly, will they go to daycares?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Daycare....

• Options

You are absolutely not a bad mother for sending them to daycare. You have to do what you have to do. They are 10 months old now and are strong. If they get the synagis shot, that is a extra bonus of safety for you. In your application for synagis, did you mention they were going to daycare? I think that is an extra qualifying event. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You have to do what you have to do.  My son was a 24 weeker.  I have to work.  I went back to work shortly after he was born and took my mat leave when he was discharged.  After my leave, we pieced together 5 extra weeks for him to be home wih my husband, mother and MIL taking time off to watch him.  In March he went to daycare.   I did consider a nanny, but my 2 year old already went to a center and has thrived there.  He would not have adjusted well to being stuck in the house.

We did what we thought was best and it worked out.  Finn's lungs were actually not his major issue.  He was vented for 4 weeks but came home without oxygen.  He did get Synagis and flu shots last yer.  I am actually a little more concerned for this winter as he is more mobile and puts everything in his mouth.  I am hoping to get Synagis this year but am doubtful it will be approved.  Last year we had some colds and croup but no ED visits or serious illness after starting daycare.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We put C in daycare when she was 6 months adjusted.  I have to work so it wasn't an option for us.  She loves it!  Not sure where you are but I know our EI will go to daycares. 
  • Options
    If I got a job, Gabe would be in daycare right away.  As far as P/T, I'm not sure.  When I worked at Kindercare they did, but I'm not sure about where you life. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)

• Options
    Thanks ladies. We were planning on daycare from day 1 but when they came early and when we found out it would cost us an arm and a leg, we had to do something different.   So, I sucked it up and called daycare.... and turns out they are now all full. :(  The daycare hunt now continues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"