Multiples
Options

DNA testing

Where did you send off your kid's DNA to have to tested to see if they are identical, and how much did it cost?  I have no clue on this type of thing, and since Carson's surgery, they look a lot alike.  I also went and got their medical records, and found out they have the same blood type.  ALSO, on the delivery summary, the weight of the placenta on both of their summaries was the exact same to the gram!  That makes me wonder if I only had one placenta....they never told me after I had the boys.   They thought they had fused during one of my ultrasounds, but they werent positive.  I'm suddenly really curious...

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
Baby #3 due January 2016
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: DNA testing

• Options

We used Affiliated Genetics.  You can google their website and then order the kit (and pay the fee) all online and then they will send you a testing kit with instructions.  Once you do the swabs you just mail it back to them and then they will send you the results.

I say do it, I don't regret spending the money for the test, I am so glad to just know.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I actually used DNA solutions instead of affiliated genetics (heard great things about affiliated though!) and results are 99.9% accurate, quick and easy and got the results back within 1.5 weeks of sending them in. It was $100
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenatb22:
    I actually used DNA solutions instead of affiliated genetics (heard great things about affiliated though!) and results are 99.9% accurate, quick and easy and got the results back within 1.5 weeks of sending them in. It was $100

Thanks! I've been thinking about doing this as well and this company would save me $50. Now, to convince DH...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    OK, I just found this for $79!  Sounds legit....anyone heard of it?  https://www.paternity-answers.com/dna-identical-twin.html

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    image2shihtzus:

We used Affiliated Genetics.  You can google their website and then order the kit (and pay the fee) all online and then they will send you a testing kit with instructions.  Once you do the swabs you just mail it back to them and then they will send you the results.

I say do it, I don't regret spending the money for the test, I am so glad to just know.

I also did this. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"