Maryland Babies

GBMC Postpartum Doula and Childbirth Classes

Has anyone used the GBMC Postpartum Doula program?  I am a first-time mom thinking of using the service but I would like some input before I commit to the deposit.  Is there a particular doula you would recommend? I am just looking for someone to help out and ease the transition for a couple of weeks. 

Also, did you take childbirth classes at GBMC?  Which ones and were they useful/worth the money?

Thanks everyone! 

Re: GBMC Postpartum Doula and Childbirth Classes

• I have tried (unsucessfully) to respond twice...  Hoping 3rd time is the charm!

We did not use the doula, but my husband and I took and very much enjoyed the child birth class.  I highly recommend doing the 4 weeks version versus the all day marathon class.  It is a lot to absorb and I think at some point I would have hit the wall and stopped paying attention in the all day class.

Our daughter came early, at 33 weeks.  I was actually in labor during class number 3, but didn't know it yet.  It is a good thing that we went because the technique to breathe through a contraction so you don't push is the only thing that stopped my daughter from coming before the NICU team could arrive.  (All they have to do is run down a flight of stairs, but that is how fast DD was coming.)

I was very happy with all of my experiences with GBMC, childbirth classes, L&D and the NICU.  I would be happy to go into more detail, if you have more questions.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I used the GBMC postpartum doula program for my first baby and I am expecting again and have already booked.  They are wonderful, I highly recommend the program!!  All of their doulas are fabulous, I learned so much from them and I was able to get some sleep.  I also took classes at GBMC.  They were helpful too?especially the child birth, breastfeeding, infant care, and CPR classes.  I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"