Pregnant after a Loss

When did you have your a/s?

So the day that I have been waiting for is almost here and I get a call from the Dr's office..... She says I'm not far enough along for an a/s. I told her that the Dr told me he wanted it done at 18-20 weeks. I will be 2 days shy of 18 weeks. She said well they really want you to be 19 weeks and asked if I could re-schedule. Ugh!! I'm so annoyed right now and I told her I would call back because I already have the day off, DH has the day off, and I made other appts. DH works swing shift so I wouldn't be able to go back until middle of October probably. I love my Dr. and I probably need to just call him or his nurse because why would he say 18-20 if he wanted me to be 19, and besides that the baby has measured 4-5 days ahead on all my u/s's

Camryn Nicole born 08/24/04 Dillon Joe born 10/24/07 m/c 06/21/2009 m/c 11/29/2010
BFP!! 06/14/2011

"Where hope grows, miracles blossom"
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: When did you have your a/s?

• Bummer!  That is annoying.  Hopefully they can just keep you at your originally scheduled appointment and you won't have to rearrange things.

Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier. ~Author Unknown <a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/princess_red/?action=view
  • Mine was supposed to be done May 27th (19th week).  However, when some test results came back concerning in the 17th week, we had it done early (17w3d) along with an amnio.  I'd have given anything to have been able to wait until my scheduled time at 19 weeks, those two weeks waiting for results from the amnio were awful.

FWIW, they were able to see almost everything they needed to in the 17th week.  Some things, like the heart and kidneys, were better seen at a growth scan I had later on.  If you can reschedule for your 19/20th week, I'd recommend it.  It may be a PITA, but so is worrying about your LOs heart, etc and having to get more time off from work to go again for a f/u in a couple weeks.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • My OB says 18-19 weeks, and I was 19w2d. The only annoying thing I had with trying to schedule it was the girl insisted on using that pregnancy wheel thing, which is NOT accurate for me at all, since I didn't even O until CD 40 something. I kept having to tell her I was currently 15w, so I'll be 19 in four weeks! Gah!
    dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • My MFM wanted it done between 19 and 20 weeks. I had it done at 19.5 weeks.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • i am not getting mine until friday, which is when i'll be 22 weeks!

my doctor won't send anyone before 20 weeks. so we did an elective ultrasound at 18 for peace of mind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

? BFP #1 EDD 10/18/2011. Twin Blighted Ovums 3/10/11. D&C on 3/11/11 ?
    ?BFP #2 5/19/2011 ? 9/1/2011 - it's a BOY!!! ? Jace Matthew born 1/23/12 ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ?BFP 6/21/2012 - EDD 3/5/2013 - natural MC 7/22/2012 at 7w ?
    ?BFP 10/24/2012 - EDD 6/26/2013, grow little one grow!?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My OB won't do them before 20 weeks.   I was almost 21 weeks at mine.  
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Thats annoying, seems close enough to me. Btw, I was 19w1d when I had my anatomy scan.
    BFP #1: 1/27/11, mc 3/17/11 at 9w2d, baby measured at 8w3d, no heartbeat BFP #2: 5/13/11; beta #1: 382, beta #2: 7842. heartbeat: 103 at 6 weeks; 146 at 7 weeks, 165 at 9 weeks, 173 at 12 weeks, 158 at 16 weeks. BabyFruit Ticker
  • My OB won't do them before 20 weeks. I have mine today at 20.5 weeks.
  • Interestingly, I had mine done at exactly 17w5d.  But....the reason for that is because I was in Boston and they wanted to do it before I moved back to Arkansas.  They said that although the a/s was good, they would prefer that I have another one done soon after.  I had one done in Arkansas at 24 weeks, and the baby's organs were much better developed.  Had I been in Boston, they probably would have done it at 19 weeks.

I am sorry that the office is giving you the run-around...you should tell them, "Look, this was scheduled by your office, and I have already made the arrangements to come.  I need that appointment.  If things don't look quite right at the scan, then why don't you just schedule a follow-up scan?"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • Mine was at 18.5 weeks. They schedule them from 18-22 and not before. I know it stinks to wait but you do want to get to see everything and not have to potentially pay for another u/s. As it is, we didn't get a profile on the little guy b/c he wouldn't cooperate and I'm not sure if insurance would even cover another u/s so I've let it slide. We got to see the heart and organs which is what I was most worried about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHadleyS:

Interestingly, I had mine done at exactly 17w5d.  But....the reason for that is because I was in Boston and they wanted to do it before I moved back to Arkansas.  They said that although the a/s was good, they would prefer that I have another one done soon after.  I had one done in Arkansas at 24 weeks, and the baby's organs were much better developed.  Had I been in Boston, they probably would have done it at 19 weeks.

I am sorry that the office is giving you the run-around...you should tell them, "Look, this was scheduled by your office, and I have already made the arrangements to come.  I need that appointment.  If things don't look quite right at the scan, then why don't you just schedule a follow-up scan?"

Yeah, funny thing is someone else just called me to remind me of my appt tomorrow lol. I told her about the girl that called me yesterday and I told her I wouldn't be able to re-schedule until middle of October and she told me just come in because thats when the Dr. told me to, and she said they would just schedule a follow up if they needed. I think I would rather do it that anyways. I haven't had an u/s since 10 weeks and I will gladly pay for another u/s to see LO.

Camryn Nicole born 08/24/04 Dillon Joe born 10/24/07 m/c 06/21/2009 m/c 11/29/2010
    BFP!! 06/14/2011

"Where hope grows, miracles blossom"
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My dr's office won't do them before 18 weeks.  I think mine was at like 18 wks and 4 days?
    ?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • What a bummer!  I hope that they will let you go in for your scheduled appointment and not make you reschedule.

The first attempt was at 16w4d, and the second was at 20w5d. 

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • It is frustrating they want you to reschedule - esp because you and DH already have the days off!

Ours was at 20w3d. The practice said 18-22weeks, but one OB likes it closer to 22w. I think all the OBs at my practice rec. 20+weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB said no sooner than 20 weeks because they can't really check the heart before then.  I think less than 18 weeks is WAY too early.  I technically had mine at 19w6d, but it was exactly 20w based on LMP, so that was the earliest day they would allow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's annoying that they don't do the 18 weeks that you were told.  My office schedules it during your 18th week or later if it falls around  holiday or weekend or soemthing.

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I went at 17w6d. I was told that if they couldn't see all they needed to see I would have to come back. GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • imagesmalltowngirl99:
    imageHadleyS:

Interestingly, I had mine done at exactly 17w5d.  But....the reason for that is because I was in Boston and they wanted to do it before I moved back to Arkansas.  They said that although the a/s was good, they would prefer that I have another one done soon after.  I had one done in Arkansas at 24 weeks, and the baby's organs were much better developed.  Had I been in Boston, they probably would have done it at 19 weeks.

Yeah, funny thing is someone else just called me to remind me of my appt tomorrow lol. I told her about the girl that called me yesterday and I told her I wouldn't be able to re-schedule until middle of October and she told me just come in because thats when the Dr. told me to, and she said they would just schedule a follow up if they needed. I think I would rather do it that anyways. I haven't had an u/s since 10 weeks and I will gladly pay for another u/s to see LO.

Good!  I am glad that you are going to go ahead and have it done.  I hope that they do another one for you in a few weeks, even if your DH can't come.  It's better to be certain they are getting good and accurate measurements, yes, but they are the ones who goofed on the scheduling, so you shouldn't be punished.  I hope you have a great appt tomorrow, and you better show us a pic. =)  I pray that all goes well and your baby gets a clean bill of health!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • My OB won't do them before 20 weeks. They typically schedule them between 20 and 22 weeks. 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"