Houston Babies

The 'brag on your kids' post

What are your kids doing that is funny, cute, amazing, or embarrassing?

This is week 2 of preschool for L and she's probably added 7-8 new words in that time. And I'm proud to say that *** is no longer one of them!

We're working on PT since she tells us when she needs a new diaper.

She puts her hand on her hip, walks around, and shakes her finger and says, "no no no no no no no." I don't know where she got that one Confused

I could be raising the next generation hoarder... when I tell her we're leaving, she runs around the 1st floor and randomly grabs a handful of stuff to take with her and will not let go of it. Whatever is in reach. Today she grabbed a sock from a laundry basket, the remote, a pen, a Piglet doll, and her little plate from breakfast.

Re: The 'brag on your kids' post

• I'm cracking up at Landry's obsession with random objects.  That is hilarious and such a toddler thing to do.

Elizabeth is (finally!) staying dry during the night.  We tried to put a nighttime pull-up on her earlier in the week and she refused it.  Since that time she's been waking up with dry panties.  She's 3.5yo so I'm guessing it's just time, but I can't believe we may have reached a point where I may never again have to visit the diaper aisle at Target!

Sarah loves kindergarten.  It took her about two weeks to fully adjust to the new setting and the new rules, but now we're off to the races.  I was so sad about leaving preschool.  Now I'm starting to wish E. would hurry up and finish her time there so they can both be at the big school! 

• I sort of love L. How cute!

G is less little boy and more big boy everyday. He acts like a rabid animal at home, but for the most part is very well behaved when we're around other people or out in public. He's very polite and uses please and thank you when he's supposed to. Someone complimented me on his manners the other day and that makes me a super proud mama!

However, last night we were getting ready to go out for ice cream and my BIL was saying something and G put his hand over BIL's mouth and said "you shut your mouth". Embarrassed

B is funny and chubby and very nomable. At his 4 month (!!) check up this week he was 15.5 lbs and 25.5 inches, which is the same weight and just a bit shorter than G was. He's rolling all over the place, grab at his toys and can inch his way across the living room. He's SUPER smiley and very ticklish and laughs all the time. I love it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Evan is starting to talk more and more each day. He knows "circle" and points them out everywhere. He also loves books, letters, bugs, and dirt.

The other day he came home from daycare saying... booger. He says it clear as day and then puts his finger up his nose. He has a lot of congestion and his old teacher would always say, "Let me clean out your boogers." Lovely.

Evan is adjusting to his new room well and has a great time with his new teachers. He loves to say their names - Ms. Sarah (mess seta) and Sister Nina (sis neena).

Oh, and this morning he was rockin' in the car to Sweet Home Alabama. Clapping his hands and having a good time. 

I can't wait to see how much he changes in the next 6 months.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• I started working with Mason on tracing letters a few weeks ago.  Within about a week he was writing all his letters free hand and can now write his name!   He just turned 3 in July. 

At MDO, they are working on one letter a week, he was disappointed on Thursday that they didn't do the letter C, since they did the letter B on Tuesday.  So now he's excited that on Tuesday they will do C.     lol

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Elijah just had his six month appointment and is hitting all of his milestones.  Although, he freaks out when you make him sit.  He can do it, but just screams. He has been pulling his legs under and trying to crawl. 

Gabriel is doing great at school.  I was super nervous that there would be behavior issues.  Despite having behavior issues he is such a good big brother and so smart.

Joshua is doing great in Pre-K.  He has really come out of his shell this year.  He had a rough time last year, and I am so happy to see him so happy to be in school.  I am so proud of all my boys.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When you ask Eliza what a tiger says, she says "grrrrrr."  When you ask her what a monkey says, she says "oh oh oh oh."  When you ask her what mama says, she shakes her head and says "nah nah nah."

Today, I told Marion she could sit on the hope chest in our room while I made the bed.  She told me "Mama, Daddy says I can't sit on the bench."  I told her, "Oh, I didn't know he said that."  She responded with, "But daddy's at work right now."

We had to have a little talk about even when Daddy isn't home, his rules still apply.

Also, I'm less than a week away from having a three year old and a one year old :sob::

• Olivia is just a fun sweet kid. She is going through seperation anxiety but a lot of that has to do with her getting super sick on vacation.

She loves to laugh at anything. She gives kisses and when you say touchdown she throws her hands up. However she won't wave or clap.

She also has an obsession with cups. She will walk around with a cup in her hand and put everything in her way in that darn cup. Who needs toys when she has a cup?

• funny: my son is 10 months and when he "talks" to the dogs he does it in a completely different tone and volume than when he "talks" to us... it is absolutely hilarious to watch!

embarassing: i'm secretly terrified that when we are in a waiting room or somewhere quiet he will toot... they sound EXACTLY like a grown man's fart. it's sooooo loud and i swear people would never believe it was him, they'd think it was me!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've hit a second-level word explosion.  Daily I'm shocked at what C can say, especially if he isn't directly repeating us.  He's getting better at recognizing shapes and colors.

I swear he has two speeds - fast and faster.  

Duchess - I can't believe you're PT L!  Cooper tells us when he needs a new diaper, but daycare won't PT until he's 2.  His room doesn't have a bathroom, so they request the kids stay in diapers.  I'm totally fine with that, though DH thinks we need to buy a potty for the house.  If H goes to the bathroom, Cooper is right behind him to watch.  I'm just glad I finally get to pee alone!  

The cutest thing he does is to say "Momma hold you" when he wants us to hold him.  My sister did that when he was young and it is so funny to hear him walk to everyone saying "momma/daddy/nana/Sassy hold you." 

Oh, he also love helping me fold clothes.  He'll grab one item and walk around shaking it in the air the way I do when I'm trying to straighten it, then he'll "fold" it and start all over.   

• Alex - He is doing great in Kindergarten.  He loves school and his teacher always has the nicest things to say about him. 
    He is such a good reader and I am just really proud of him! 
    (Of course, he has had a terrible attitude at home lately.  I am about to lose my mind!)

Foster - He is so sweet and so funny.  He is like our little comedian around the house.  He is always asking everyone for a hug and kiss and telling us all that he loves us.  Too, too sweet!

Emily - She is just so stinkin' cute!  Always full of smiles and so cuddley!

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • C cruises furniture like no other. She can also use her push walker.  She has also started to stand on her own! Not long but she does it!

I swear to god she said dog today.

• Avery is in an everything is beautiful phase.  "This is a beautiful plate mama."  "Those are some beautiful waffles you made."  I love the way she says it.  She is also into taking care of Joseph.  I needed to take the trash out the other day and I didn't want them to follow me (it is a pain to get them back inside), so I told them I'd be right back.  Avery piped in with "Ok, you do your errand and I will take care of Joseph."  She also has a crazy memory - like stuff from 2 years ago.  It is creepy sometimes.

Joseph is just a snuggly love bug.  I am super super proud that he has initiated pooping in the toilet three times in the last week.  He is still in pullups and not quite ready for potty training, but he will go on the toilet if it is nearby and he needs to go.  I would so much rather wipe a butt than change a diaper.

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"