Preemies
Options

f/u to flu shot discussion

I was planning to get my flu shot at work today.  Well, when I walked in there was a sign on the door that said "Please inform the nurse if you're pregnant or breastfeeding."  I thought it was odd because I got my flu shot at work last year while pregnant.  

So I tell the nurse that I'm BF and she tells me I can't get the flu shot. Sad  She said there are 2 types of adult doses and the one that they have access to right now contains thermosol and can be passed thru BM.  And with all the debate over vaccines, thermosol and autism they are not administering it to BM or PG ladies.  

The nurse said that they are releasing a non-thermosol flu shot next week. 

So, if you're planning on getting the flu shot, make sure you inform them if you're BF. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: f/u to flu shot discussion

• Options
    Good to know!  I was going to go get it.  I forget that breastfeeding effects what you can do. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    So glad you shared this! I get mine next week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just as an FYI, the alleged connection between thirmosol and autism has been completely disproven. The CDC approves regular vaccines for pregnant and breastfeeding women. That said, of course you need to do what makes you comfortable. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"