Preemies
Options

When to say farewell to RNP?

I'm curious when you felt your LO was too big for their RNP? When I got it he was so itty bitty - and it said it was good through 24 lbs if I remember right. However, at 14 lbs I'm starting to have issues with it and think it's time to say farewell. He can launch his body when fussy/on the edge of mad and I think he'll plop to the ground. Then there is the neat flip-over-in-the-RNP and roar-til-mamma-stops-doing-dishes trick Confused I am trying to figure out how to work the Moby someone donated but I feel like I need four more hands to make it work. I love my BabyHawk but it's not as comfy as what I think the Moby will be like for doing housework.

Re: When to say farewell to RNP?

• Options

Scratch my last response if you read it.  I read it is no longer safe if your LO can sit up.  I think launching himself counts as sitting up.   

I found this video to be the most helpful when learning how to do my Moby.  I really love the Moby.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Elliott is still in his.  He is almost 14 lbs but not that strong yet.  I plan to transition to his crib once he can roll so he can sleep on his belly, otherwise, he'd be in his crib now.  He sleeps on his belly in his crib for naps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageurbanflowerpot:
    He can launch his body when fussy/on the edge of mad and I think he'll plop to the ground.

This is when I realized we needed to transition.  I moved him to the bassinet portion of the PNP and have that next to my bed now.  Eventually I'll move him to the crib in his room. 

• Options

I'm in serious denial that my preemie is too big for something, aren't I? I actually wrote that he is trying to launch himself out of a contraption and should I retire it? HAHA OK - it's going to the attic tomorrow. (KCK - we've seen the last of his RNP photo backdrops, I guess Crying ).

Katie, thanks for the link! I'll check it out when DH doesn't have the TV on. This is the lady who I found explained it best for me (I did the lotus one) - it was amazing!!!!!! He helped me make dinner and didn't have the witching hour! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HpeJY3fx1M&list=FL3wPG0Yvl7XfDXZBx_HbhJg&index=1

Now I have to go rearrange our room. He's also trying to launch himself off of our bed ;D

• Options

Big week for T--no more leads and outgrowing his RnP!

The Moby is great once you get used to it. Watch a bunch of Youtube videos and practice a lot. You'll like it for winter too cause its very snuggly (my main reason for not loving it in our 100+ degree summer weather)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"