TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

WWYD Tubal Issues

Back in October 2009 DH and I experienced our first loss.  I was 6wks 2 days and DH rushed me to the ER because, I didn't know it at the time, but I was going into shock from internal bleeding in my stomach and from my left tube rupturing.  The Drs removed the section of my tube where the baby had developed but left the rest there.  Luckily with the recent ectopic the Methotrexate shot seems to be working but I do not want the risk of another ectopic because of the same damaged tube.  I asked my Dr. about whether they will remove the tube and she said normally they don't like to because with it intact there is always the chance of natural conception.

I think I really want the tube removed though.  When I had the HSG the Dr. told me the tube was damaged beyond repair and the idea of going through IVF knowing that I could easily have another ectopic scares the crap out of me.  What would you ladies do? Leave the Tube or Remove it?  I'm thinking of bringing it up to my Dr. again when we have our "whats the next step" appointment.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

Re: WWYD Tubal Issues

• I would ask the dr again at your next appt. But if it were me I would probably have the tube removed. I know how painful a ruptured tube is and if the HSG showed what was left was damaged then I would think it would be doing more harm then good to keep it.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I'd likely talk to a couple doctors to get their opinions but ultimately get it removed. I usually fall into the "if it isn't normal and 100% get it the heck out of me" category.

I think Kelin has had both of hers taken out. She may be able to give you some more information and resources.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I would also have the tube removed.  Talk about it again with your Dr, if you feel he is not on the same page as you maybe you should seek a second opinion.  Ultimately a Dr should help you make the best decision for your health.  GL hun. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • I am shocked they did not remove it all.  There is no use for a partial tube.  They removed all of my right tube b/c of rupture.  I would demand they remove it, I am sorry, as I know how hard it is to loose it, but it should give you better success with IVF.  Hugs hon.  This is all so hard.
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • I would have the tube removed. Based on all the research I did and the information from the various doctors I saw, that tube can still cause ectopics especially with IVF. Our 1st FET was ectopic. They removed both of my tubes and sealed the spot where the tubes and the ute meet, so nothing could float back up in there. It's hard to have to go through this and I am very sorry. The way I looked at it is you don't need them with IVF anyway and it makes things a little easier. :)

Good luck and let me know if you need anything! 

• I am not one to remove things for unnecesary reasons, but I do believe that sometimes there are things that do more harm being in our body than being out.  I would have another conversation with your Dr. and hopefully he will be able to guide you to the right choice.  If removing the tube is going to help your piece of mind and get you your take home baby, then I think I would do it.  I am sorry you are having to go thorough all of this.  BIG ((HUGS))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't even relate, as I've never had an ectopic, but I just wanted to tell you I hope when you make your decision it feels right.  ::HUGS:: to you.

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Based on what you've said and your history, I probably would ask to have it removed.  I'm so sorry you're even having to make this decision.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I'm sorry you have to make this decision.  Because it's such a big decision, I would consider getting a second opinion if you can.    Big (((HUGS)))

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • imagemillejj1:

I'd likely talk to a couple doctors to get their opinions but ultimately get it removed. I usually fall into the "if it isn't normal and 100% get it the heck out of me" category.

I think Kelin has had both of hers taken out. She may be able to give you some more information and resources.

Good luck!

This! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"