TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Charting Experts...help!

This morning I had a huge temp spike (granted, this has happend once before, but I think my thermometer was going bad so I skipped temping 2 days and bought a new one).  I had 2 days of lower temps, most of the signs of O but no only - OPKs.  Then this morning I had a temp spike...and...a positive OPK.  Is that even possible?  I was thinking the positive OPK came and then the spike followed.  Is it possible I just missed my surge last night(I had LOTS of water to drink at dinner and then a stark white OPK before bed -- and I did 3 total OPKs with no positive all day) and this was maybe the end of it?  The +opk and temp spike were literally recorded within an hour or so of each other.  I just want to know what to expect.  DH and I BD last night before falling asleep so if the +opk and temp are correct then I migth have a little hope for this cycle.  DH is getting sick so I know he won't be up for anymore BD the next couple of days :(

Any ideas, advice, opinions?

This is why I hate charting.  I think next month will be a break from charting for  this gal!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Charting Experts...help!

• Options

Why are there open circles? 

Your temps seem to be all over the place, so there's no real telling on if this temp spike is from ovulation. Keep BDing, and hopefully soon you'll see a noticeable thermal shift.  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options

It can take a little bit to actually O after a + OPK.  If you are Oing today, your BD last night was good, but you really should try to get him into bed the next 2 days, just to be sure.  I know how hard it can be to try to get them to BD when they aren't feeling well, but TRY!!!!  You have a lot of open circles, why?  That can affect whether you get solid or dotted CHs.

Take a break from charting next month, see how you like it.  I like not charting, but I hate it at the same time.  I have no idea when AF is going to show up, I can give my best guess, but I'm still left wondering. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to try a few "tricks" (i.e. cover myself in whip cream or something) to get DH in bed atleast tonight. 

I think the open circles are from different temp times (2:30 AM, 5:45 AM vs. 6:30 AM)  I've been trying this time around to take my temp when my alarm goes off every morning at 6:30 AM.  The problem is, I thought you were supposed to have a min. of 3 hours of sleep to get an accurate resting body temp, but I RARELY sleep 3+ hours in a row.  I wake up...alot.  On the days I do get a good night sleep I've been taking my temps at 6:30.  But on those nights I wake up, I know it's going to continue that way so if I've been alseep for atleast 3 hours I'll go aheah and take my temp.  Either way I feel like my body is less accurate on temps since the Clomid.  Next cycle I'll just stick with OPK's.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejohnnys june:

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to try a few "tricks" (i.e. cover myself in whip cream or something) to get DH in bed atleast tonight. 

I think the open circles are from different temp times (2:30 AM, 5:45 AM vs. 6:30 AM)  I've been trying this time around to take my temp when my alarm goes off every morning at 6:30 AM.  The problem is, I thought you were supposed to have a min. of 3 hours of sleep to get an accurate resting body temp, but I RARELY sleep 3+ hours in a row.  I wake up...alot.  On the days I do get a good night sleep I've been taking my temps at 6:30.  But on those nights I wake up, I know it's going to continue that way so if I've been alseep for atleast 3 hours I'll go aheah and take my temp.  Either way I feel like my body is less accurate on temps since the Clomid.  Next cycle I'll just stick with OPK's.

I toss and turn all night. But I consistently do that. As long as you consistently do not get 3+ hours of solid sleep at a time, your temps should be fine!  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    I stopped charting being on clomid b/c my temps were totally wonky!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

• Options
    imageCashewsMommy:

I toss and turn all night. But I consistently do that. As long as you consistently do not get 3+ hours of solid sleep at a time, your temps should be fine!  

THIS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"