May 2011 Moms

Dear DS.... *updated*

30 minutes does not a nap make.  Why is this all we can do all day?  Please start napping like a regular child. Love you.

Mommy 

***UPDATE****

So yesterday afternoon he slept for two hours!  TWO HOURS!  That hasn't happened in weeks!

We had to completely skip a nap because of his Dr's appointment.  I wonder if that's why I finally got him to stay down, or if he was just throwing me a bone.  (He tends to do this about once a week)

Considering keeping him up today to see if it makes a difference.   Or it might make him an ANGRY child... :)

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dear DS.... *updated*

• Will he tolerate the swing? I think you told me he wouldn't.  It's the only thing that's saving us right now.  How long are you keeping him up before he goes down for his 1st nap?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLisa Frank:
    Will he tolerate the swing? I think you told me he wouldn't.  It's the only thing that's saving us right now.  How long are you keeping him up before he goes down for his 1st nap?

I used to only put him in swaddled (so he couldn't be buckled) and he managed to learn how to flip over = dangerous!  But now that he's unswaddled I can try.  Do you let yours nap in the crib, and as soon as they wake transfer to the swing?

He usually gets to about 1.5 hours awake before I put him down.  With all this 30 minute crap, we're taking a lot of naps a day.. :( 

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh. This is also my guy - he generally only sleeps 30-45 min per nap and he doesn't like the swing. So much so that we put it away and replaced it with the jumperoo. The only way he'll nap longer is in a carrier, and I don't like to do that all the time. He's getting heavy to wear for an hour or two straight.
  • imageCanuckFan03:

imageLisa Frank:
    Will he tolerate the swing? I think you told me he wouldn't.  It's the only thing that's saving us right now.  How long are you keeping him up before he goes down for his 1st nap?

I used to only put him in swaddled (so he couldn't be buckled) and he managed to learn how to flip over = dangerous!  But now that he's unswaddled I can try.  Do you let yours nap in the crib, and as soon as they wake transfer to the swing?

He usually gets to about 1.5 hours awake before I put him down.  With all this 30 minute crap, we're taking a lot of naps a day.. :( 

Yes, she naps in the crib to start, and then when she wakes, I put her in the swing. But we've been phasing that out. I'm crossing fingers that her 2nd nap goes better than the 1st today (my girlfriend watches her at our house during the day)  

• Do they just grow out of it?
    imageimage
  • imageCanuckFan03:
    Do they just grow out of it?

I did just get DS back to sleep after a 35 minute nap... honestly, I haven't really tried to before. He woke up crying, and instead of picking him up and going on with our day, I started singing his lullabye. Around the third run-through he went back to sleep (so less than 5 minutes of hanging out with him). We'll see if it lasts!

• imageCanuckFan03:
    Do they just grow out of it?

Of course they do, but I can't really say when :) 

My DS never napped in his crib. EVER, until like 7-8 months when I finally ditched the swing. He never woke at 45 min's chronically like my DD is doing.

• Speaking of growing out of it, DS will have physically outgrown his swing in the next month or so. Is there any point to looking for a larger one? I'm fuzzy on how long babies use them.
  • PS. It didn't last. All my effort bought me 5 more minutes.

No idea on a swing. I'd probably just let it go, but my guy didn't really appreciate the swing.

• imagetokenhoser:

PS. It didn't last. All my effort bought me 5 more minutes.

No idea on a swing. I'd probably just let it go, but my guy didn't really appreciate the swing.

Aww, you gave me a little hope and then took it all away. Im going to try the swing transfer today.
    imageimage
  • Well, this second nap he woke up after about 35 minutes, went back to sleep for 5, woke up again and nursed, and now he's been conked out beside me in my bed for the last 25 minutes. So, not ideal, but at least a longer nap.

Grandma is coming to babysit for a bit while I dig my potatoes, so hopefully he'll sleep for another 15-30 minutes and be a happy little guy for her at 2:30.

There is hope. I think. I'm starting to doubt myself, but I think that's the head cold talking.

• This is my guy too. And like Token I've tried to make fall asleep after he wakes up and it lasts 5 minutes too. He naps for 40 min the most which is usually the morning nap, the afternoon naps are only 30 mins. I've tried everything and he still only naps for 30 mins I've given up hope. He does go only 2 hours between naps so at least I know he is sleeping. If I'm really tired and lay down with him he'll sleep for almost 2 hours! But I have stuff to get down around here...like catch up on The Bump lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"