R&R- Passes at airport — The Bump
Military Families

R&R- Passes at airport

How do you get the passes at the airport to go to the gate? I totally forget! 

Do I need to bring orders? Is there a limit on how many people can go through? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: R&R- Passes at airport

• And do they only let spouses and children through?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just showed the person at the ticket counter my mil ID. She found DH on the manifest, and printed up gate passes for LO and me. I've heard that there is a limit to the number, but I have not encountered that situation. Yeah for R&R!!!

ETA: I don't know about others getting gate passes. It likely depends on the specifics--person working, how busy they are, size of airport. . . Good luck!
    ~*~*~*~ Smudges*Mom is Marni~*~*~*~

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/g/gh8t96lcs.png[/IMG][/URL]

Our IVF miracle was born at 41w6d while Daddy was deployed to Iraq.
    Marni is a pre-e/HELLP Syndrome and PPD/PPA survivor!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive only ever done it for me. (Didnt have DD at the time). But I went to the USO and they gave me a thing to give to the person at the counter. But that was in Hawaii and they have military flying through there all the time. I haven't done it anywhere else either. But YAY for R&R!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In my experience it depends on the airport and the airline.  Some have allowed me to get a pass at the counter and others have required something from the USO. Either way I would suggest showing up early in case you are faced with either of those situations.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I've done it at several airports (Honolulu, Baltimore, Washington DC, Dallas, San Diego...) and every time all I had to do was go to the ticket counter while he was checking in and ask to go to the gate with him. After showing my ID they gave me a security card and off we went. Simple as that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards