Houston Babies
Options

Dr. Winkellmann at All About Women...?

Hello Ladies,

I am 17 weeks along and I am currently seeing Dr. Winkellmann at All About Women.  Her staff is amazing and her nurse is the best, but I feel like she is extremely uninterested in me and she is never informative.  When I ask a question she usually has a one line answer and I always feel like I am bothering her with my questions.  If she's your OBGYN, have you had the same experience?  I am strongly considering switching doctors at this time.  What are you thoughts?

Re: Dr. Winkellmann at All About Women...?

• Options

I do not normally post here, but wanted to respond. She was my OB for my second pregnancy, and I loved her. She was very involved throughout the entire pregnancy.  My husband liked her a lot as well because she included him in everything as well. She does have a dry sense of humor, but I always looked forward to seeing her and Randi (her nurse).

Sorry you are having a bad experience.

• Options

I have no experience with that doctor, but I would not stick around with an OB I wasn't totally comfortable with. I had so many questions during my first pregnancy, and I needed someone who was willing to sit down and answer them.

Best of luck to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I switched to Dr. Winkelmann from Dr. Westmoreland at Woodlands OBGYN Associates.    I've been happy with Dr. Winkelmann so far but I'm also a second time mom with a lot fewer questions but when I was point blank with her about why I switched doctors and kind of what I expected, she responded very well and has always been attentive to me.  But she is drier, not as sweet and fluffy as Dr. Westmoreland (I don't know how to explain that).  And, I L.O.V.E.-Love her nurse.  

I do agree with PP that if you don't feel you are "clicking" with her, I'd switch before you start having to pay them your pre-pay budget.

Here are some other names to look into: 

Dr. Holly Westmoreland -- Woodlands Oby Gyn Associations -- While I loved Dr. Westmoreland and several of my friends still she her, I never liked anyone else (nurses, other doctors) at her practice.  And, luck would have it, she was OOT when I delivered 5 weeks early.  I had a not great exeperience with her colleagues and all of my post natal visits took FOREVER.  She's (the whole office really) just tooooo busy in my opinion.  But if you want a doctor that is more friendly, chatty, etc, you might like her.  When I finally saw her at the hospital, she came in, scooped up the baby, sat down like we were old friends.  If she'd been there the whole time, I'd probably have never decided to switch but I was just fed up with so much. 

Dr. Beena Johnson -- She's in practice by herself, only heard good things about her

Dr. Jennifer Breazelle -- Kelsey Seybold

Dr. Marco Giannotti -- Womens Healthcare Affiliates -- My SIL and her Sister and a neighbor of mine see him and LOVE.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies...I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    I see Dr. Richter in that practice and loooooooooooove her.
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"