May 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone's baby have a 'sleepy eye'?

My baby has what my MIL calls a 'sleepy eye'. One eyelid doesnt open as wide as the other, and therefore that eye looks 'sleepy'.  MIL says one of her kids had it, and outgrew it. It isn't noticeable all the time.

I tried googling it, but only can find medical centers with that name.  Does it have a medical name?

Any experience with this? 

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone's baby have a 'sleepy eye'?

• Options
    My daughter does.  It doesn't affect her at all except that she looks funny in reflections :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've heard it refered to as a "lazy eye"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside <3 <br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married to the Milk Man
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOverjoyedMama:

I thought a lazy eye was when one pupil follows slower than the other eye. It looks like one wanders a bit.

imageimage
  • Options
    imageCanuckFan03:
    imageOverjoyedMama:

I thought a lazy eye was when one pupil follows slower than the other eye. It looks like one wanders a bit.

I had a sleepy, lazy eye as a child. A sleepy eye because the lid is a bit lower (even still a little) and lazy because my eye would just kind of shut down a little. It would go in and I had a cross-eyed appearance. I had to wear a patch over my good eye every night so my lazy eye would have to work harder for about a year. While I was embarrassed about it as a kid my eyes are perfectly fine now and no one would ever know by looking at me. Even my sleepy lid isn't noticeable to anyone but me. I'm glad my parents made me wear that patch as a kid. I would be very self conscious about it now.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    imageCanuckFan03:
    imageOverjoyedMama:

I just googled "lazy eye" and looked at images and it seems as though it means both, lazy eye lid and a slower pupil.

I had/have a 'lazy eye' since I was little but it seems to have 'matured'. It's only noticable when I'm tired.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside <3 <br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married to the Milk Man
  • Options

My DD has a sleepy eye.  I don't notice it that often, but ya, one eyelid doesn't open quite as wide as the other.  

FWIW I was like this as a kid, and sometimes I still notice this in myself.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a lazy eye and it is only noticable now when I'm tired or drunk. ;)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had a lazy eye and had to have surgery to correct it when I was small.
    imageimage
  • Options

imagepinkflipflops44:
    I have a lazy eye and it is only noticable now when I'm tired or drunk. ;)

I have a droopy eyelid that is especially noticeable when I'm tired or drunk.  DD has what appears to be a droopy eyelid as well.  My mom said that my brother also has a droopy eyelid.  I think ours is just a genetic droopy lid.

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"