1st Trimester

First OB appt

Do spouses need to go to this appt? 

Re: First OB appt

• I would say yes....not only that wouldnt he want to go? My DH was so excited!
    Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Mine did for all of my prenatal exams with baby #1.  I expect him to want to do the same for this one.

Anyway, the first exam could involve lots of family history questions, so it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely, if possible! Especially if you'll be getting an u/s or hearing the heartbeat. Would your spouse want to see or hear that?
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedwo1223:

Do spouses need to go to this appt? 

To answer your question, No, your spouse does not NEED to go. But it is better for them to go if they can. My OB asked my husband some medical history on his side of the family. Also, it is most likely the first time you'll be able to see/hear your baby! Wouldn't want to miss that! :)

• We have an appt Friday for an ultrasound and to meet with the nurse to get stuff set up. Then on Monday I have an appt with the Dr. My DH is going friday because we have the ultrasound but I am going alone Monday because he can't take 2 days off so close to each other. He will be there for the important ones though, esp if there is an ultrasound.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • my DH came to every one with baby #1. But I told him not to come to our first appt because he needs to take care of DD and he knows what happens. I am going to bring a flip cam to film the us though and he's definitely coming to the 20 week one. Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"