May 2011 Moms

Iris and Lisa Frank - I did it.

I just let my little one CIO.  DH and I took turns going in to soothe her and she finally fell asleep after close to 30 minutes.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be on me.  How long did it take for your LO's to fall asleep without crying? I am very nervous since my mom is watching C over the weekend since we are in a wedding and I know she will have a hard time following my instructions.  Also, how long are you LO's wake times before you put them down for a nap?

DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011

Re: Iris and Lisa Frank - I did it.

• I'm glad it worked!

One tip, though. You can either continue with it, or hold off until after the weekend.  It may take longer than a week and it's best to sleep train when you know you and your H will be around and not leaving the house.  That's my 2 pennies.

BUT YAY!! And who knows, if you kept at it this entire week, you might only have a little regression at Mom's and then back to "normal" next week.  GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh, and my LO can't go longer than 2 hours of wake time.   Since I've been dealing with a constant 45 minute napper since 8 weeks (we move her to swing at transition), I've just kept her at the full 2 hours. Most babies can't handle this, but I tried EVERYTHING to get her to nap longer (shorter wake time, longer wake time, watching cues, blah blah) and nothing works. So 2 hours it is. I'd say 1-1.5 hours is probably the norm. 

• Loading the player...
  • And one more thing...sorry! I keep thinking of stuff :) 

I really, really cannot stress how important I believe it is to have a real plan of action. Read Ferber's book if you are serious about this.  

• Chiming in...it only took us three nights.  We started on a Thursday, and Sunday night there was no waking up at night!!  We didn't have a problem putting her down though, she's always fallen asleep on her own, just wanted to get rid of the night wakings.
  • imagepook:
    Chiming in...it only took us three nights.  We started on a Thursday, and Sunday night there was no waking up at night!!  We didn't have a problem putting her down though, she's always fallen asleep on her own, just wanted to get rid of the night wakings.

I think you were on track with doing it early. It gets harder as the days progress.  That's why I think if you are going to sleep train, don't hesitate. Do it now vs. later. It only gets harder with each passing milestone. 

• Butting in here - we are using Ferber and we're on night 4. LO went down with only a few minutes of fussing last night and slept through. Tonight he cried for about 20 minutes. I'm guessing it should be pretty painless by wed or thurs. I heard a bit of regression is normal on day 4 and sometimes 10/11.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm way late to this thread but I agree with everything Lisa said.  GL! :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLisa Frank:

And one more thing...sorry! I keep thinking of stuff :) 

I really, really cannot stress how important I believe it is to have a real plan of action. Read Ferber's book if you are serious about this.  

sorry-- I want help too!

what is an example of POA? setting time of CIO or what ifs? what do you mean?

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• imagesugarangel77:
    imageLisa Frank:

And one more thing...sorry! I keep thinking of stuff :) 

sorry-- I want help too!

what is an example of POA? setting time of CIO or what ifs? what do you mean?

I'm pretty sure she means finding a plan/system that you comfortable with, and researching it (ie, reading the whole plan) before you implement it.  Making it up as you go is not the way to go. She suggested Ferber's book "Solve your child's sleep problems".

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ahh.. I don't know what happened yesterday, but when DC and I put C down yesterday for each of her naps she didn't fuss once.  I hope this sticks because yesterday was AMAZING!

I am thinking that she doesn't like getting held or rocked to sleep she wants us to just leave her alone.  By doing the rocking and holding she was always going more than 1.5 hours of wake time so I think that she was getting overtired and pissed which made it even harder to get her down.

DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"