Maryland Babies
Options

Bump FFC/Vents, etc

Let's hear it!

I typed out a few confessions/vents for the post on TN but realized they were all baby related, so I figured I'd start up this post :)

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Bump FFC/Vents, etc

• Options
    Trying to fairly alternate who gets to babysit DS stresses me out. Neither set of our parents really put pressure on me directly, but it's clear that they're both dying to see DS (understandably, he's their only grandchild). And DH indirectly puts pressure on me to make it fair. Honestly there aren't *that* many opportunities because DH and I both work so on the weekends we kind of want to see our own kid rather than dropping him off somewhere all the time.

Semi-related to the above, whenever we have plans to go somewhere with DS to see family or friends, I always look forward to it but also stress about it. I wonder if I'm going to get to hold my own kid or if he's going to get snatched away from me. This is selfish, other people want to see him/spend time with him etc, I know.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    Mine is that I don't particularly like my friend's child. He is mean to my DS, shoves him, takes toys from him and runs away from him taunting him, gets in his face and calls him a baby. Oh and he's like 6. Not a toddler like DS. My friend refuses to discipline him which I think is the biggest problem. If I caught my DS acting like that towards another child, particularly when he is old enough to know better, you better believe I will nip that in the bud.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DH and I stay up WAY TOO late watching tv shows. I just want to enjoy the quiet time with him, but I am REALLY tired at work the next day.

I really HATE the little messes that DH leaves around the house (pays phone bill, sets it on the end table. Piles work stuff on china closet in dining room. Leaves small parts that DD could eat within reach.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageSarahKate31:
    Trying to fairly alternate who gets to babysit DS stresses me out. Neither set of our parents really put pressure on me directly, but it's clear that they're both dying to see DS (understandably, he's their only grandchild). And DH indirectly puts pressure on me to make it fair. Honestly there aren't *that* many opportunities because DH and I both work so on the weekends we kind of want to see our own kid rather than dropping him off somewhere all the time.

Semi-related to the above, whenever we have plans to go somewhere with DS to see family or friends, I always look forward to it but also stress about it. I wonder if I'm going to get to hold my own kid or if he's going to get snatched away from me. This is selfish, other people want to see him/spend time with him etc, I know.
    I am in a VERY similar situation. We do have DS spend the night, alternating, at my parents and the IL's maybe once every other month. We drop him off kind of late (like an hour or two before bed time) and we are over there pretty much right after he wakes up. So they do get to spend time with him, but we don't miss out on too much, and we also get some time to ourselves to go out to eat, or to a movie, so it's nice. When DS was a little baby I actually had to have DH have a talk with his mom about the snatching thing. My mom never did it, just MIL (she has kind of an obsessive thing with DS, it's annoying, but I know it's because she loves him). It's easier once they start moving and doing things on their own because they choose who they want to be around/hold them. It's hard though trying to find a balance, whenever I get overwhelmed or annoyed with them I remind myself that they love him too, but as our own family we come first in spending time with DS.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm pretty relaxed w/ discipline and I think DD is generally pretty well behaved, but I worry sometimes that I'm too lax and that I'm THAT mom like MrsRemy is discussing and that other parents are judging me. 

It annoys me that DH isn't more onboard w/ family dinner.  I don't want to be a drill seargant about it, but I don't want to be the only one driving the train either.

I found out DD's birthday is teh same day as one of her classmates - so the mom and I realized we need to make sure we have the parties on separate days.  I'm OK w/ this, but that mom's kinda bitchy, so I'm a little concerned this might be a big deal. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My ILs have been trying to get Sydney overnight for a long time now, but frankly, I'm just not ready. I'm sure my parents would love it too but they don't guilt trip me about it. It's what Sarah said, we both work during the week so weekends are our time as a family and we like to hang out, the three of us.
    My confession is that baby #2 is on my mind on a daily basis now! I recently found out that one of my good friends is pregnant, and then another one - who's son is the same age as Sydney - is talking about TTC soon. I know we want another child but I know it's smarter for us to wait a little while longer before TTC again. Then why do I think about it every day? DH is on board for trying now, but I'm the one in charge of our finances and I know we should wait a little longer for financial reasons.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I need to add another vent - I'm annoyed at how gender specific kids toys are.  I got a Fisher Price catalog over the weekend and was looking through it - there was a garage toy - that came in red & yellow and pink and purple - seriously - what's so fuckingboyish about red and blue?  And, then they had a bunch of dinosaur and car/truck toys - I know these toys appeal more to boys - but in ~8 pages of pictures NOT A SINGLE picture of a girl playing w/ any dinosaur or truck toys?  I don't get it.

semi-related - my mom picked out some PJs for DD this weekend - they were white w/a little pink puppy on them - very cute, but too big for DD.  My mom said it was too bad, b/c they were so feminine and pretty.  Why does a 3 yo need to be feminine?  Its annoying. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

I'm pretty relaxed w/ discipline and I think DD is generally pretty well behaved, but I worry sometimes that I'm too lax and that I'm THAT mom like MrsRemy is discussing and that other parents are judging me. 

Everyone is different with their level of discipline, this particular mom does/says absolutely nothing while she sits there watching her 6 year old act like a total jerk to my DS and screams in his face, etc.  I personally don't care how parents choose to discipline, but it does bug me when they don't step up and do something when their kid is clearly being disruptive or mean to others.

Of course I just wanted to add every time I have been around Ella she is an angel :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm sure I need a dose of HTFU, but I'm only 34 weeks and I'm already complaining about being "uncomfortable."  I have a freakishly short torso, so some baby body part pushes on my ribs most of the day at work.  It ranges from uncomfortable to really quite painful and distracting.  Standing and laying down help, but I have a primarily desk job.  Saturday night there was so much pressure I couldn't eat dinner while we were out, and ended up taking it back to the hotel and having to eat laying on my side.  :-(  6 more weeks sounds like a very long time...

The good news is that I felt fine trekking all over a state park this weekend following my DH on his 2-day, 100 mile, triathlon extravaganza.  

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSarahKate31:

I am in a similar situation too and totally feel the same way. Especially since the weekends are my only quality time with DD and I also photograph weddings & portraits too- so I don't always have the full month of weekends. DH's parents are now making it a habit to visit 1-2 times a month and stay the weekend.

Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

I need to add another vent - I'm annoyed at how gender specific kids toys are.  I got a Fisher Price catalog over the weekend and was looking through it - there was a garage toy - that came in red & yellow and pink and purple - seriously - what's so fuckingboyish about red and blue?  And, then they had a bunch of dinosaur and car/truck toys - I know these toys appeal more to boys - but in ~8 pages of pictures NOT A SINGLE picture of a girl playing w/ any dinosaur or truck toys?  I don't get it.

This annoys me too. A local toy store just posted on facebook that she now has pink trucks and tools. I am not sure why we need a pink option.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"