Maryland Babies

Babysitting advice?

So far we've not left DS with anyone in the evening/nighttime, only during the day. We are planning on going out to dinner for our anniversary in a couple weeks and we'd like to leave him with my parents for the evening. Should I have them attempt his normal bedtime routine? He's pretty good at bedtime, it's just pajamas, bottle, rock, bed (bed=swing for the past few weeks though). I can bring the swing over to their house, but then when we got back from dinner, we'd have to put him in the car, then get him back to "bed" again at home. Is there a best way to do this? TIA!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Babysitting advice?

• Your plan sounds good! Usually when they are that little, waking them up and bringing them home isn't that big of a hassle, bc they fall back asleep easily. Could your parents come to your house to make it even easier?
  • In my experience its just easier to have someone come to our house where all his stuff is. He doesn't really sleep well in different environments. Although, I think we've left him a grand total of like 3 times in 2 years so don't listen to me.

Every kid is so different.....my mom said when I was a baby/kid they would take me every where and just stick me in a guest bedroom or whatever at their friends houses when it was bedtime and I would fall asleep anywhere and barely wake up for the car ride home. So maybe he will be like that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekellyh21:
    Your plan sounds good! Usually when they are that little, waking them up and bringing them home isn't that big of a hassle, bc they fall back asleep easily. Could your parents come to your house to make it even easier?

Definitely ask them if they can come to your house, if not, how do you feel about leaving the baby at their house for the evening? 

• imagejcsntms06:

imagekellyh21:
    Your plan sounds good! Usually when they are that little, waking them up and bringing them home isn't that big of a hassle, bc they fall back asleep easily. Could your parents come to your house to make it even easier?

Definitely ask them if they can come to your house, if not, how do you feel about leaving the baby at their house for the evening? 

I thought about this, but I'm not ready yet. We are kind of planning on his first overnight being NYE with my ILs. He'll be 7 months (!) by then so I think I'll feel more comfortable then leaving him overnight.

I will think about having them come to our house for this time. I never think of that option.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • DS's babysitters have primarily been the GPs, and it hasn't been a big deal for him to go to their houses b/c they have stuff for him there - toys, PnP, etc. However, if anyone else watches him (which has only been 2 close friends a few times), they come to us b/c all of his things are there and as he gets older, it gets harder to expect him to spend time at places that don't have toys or are childproofed. For most purposes w/ any age LOs, I think it's generally easier to ask people to come to you for babysitting, for both LO and the babysitter. In this case especially, since it's concerning bedtime and to make things easier on you and not disrupt your LO's sleeping, I think I'd see if they could come to your house.
  • imageSarahKate31:
    imagejcsntms06:

imagekellyh21:

I thought about this, but I'm not ready yet. We are kind of planning on his first overnight being NYE with my ILs. He'll be 7 months (!) by then so I think I'll feel more comfortable then leaving him overnight.

I will think about having them come to our house for this time. I never think of that option.

Not sure if you thought about this... what about staying the night at your parents or IL's for the evening? That way you don't have to wake DS. We've done this on many occasions. Good luck.

• imageSarahKate31:

Haha, we went to a wedding a couple weeks ago and I thought I'd be ready to leave DD overnight at 15 months.... ended up bring her with us since I couldn't leave her! I wish I had left her since she didn't do too well there, just cranky so I couldn't enjoy myself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your plan sounds good.  I doubt DS will wake up much when you transfer him to his carseat.  I would probably have your parents come to your house if they can, but I don't think its a big deal at this age.  I always feel bad making my parents go home late, so its easier for me to have DD sleep at their house and then BONUS, I get to sleep in too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"