June 2011 Moms

milk trays

i was reading about storing breast milk and someone mentioned they used sensibleline milk trays. i looked into them and i really like the concept since i have noticed some milk does go to waste in the plastic bags. but i have a few questions for those of you using them or something similar. 

1.) when they are frozen and you transfer them, do you transfer them all in to the same container/ bag?

2.) how many do you put into the same container/bag?

3.) can you open the container to take some out?

4.) how do you reheat? the same as bag?

anything else i should know?, i want to buy them soon.

thanks in advance 

Re: milk trays

• I'm interested to see the replies - I may look into picking these up as well :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I froze some expressed milk in the trays I bought but can't figure out how to get it out of the trays! They aren't twistable like regular ice cube trays.... Hope some experienced folks have answers!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) transfer the sticks into a FREEZER-SAFE zip lock bag and mark the bag with the date of the expressed milk, like you would have normally done with nurser bags.  

2) You can fit about 20 or so sticks in a quart size bag

3)  You can take out what you need but immediately put the remaining frozen sticks back in the freezer

4) You CANNOT thaw breast milk in a microwave, it will kill all of the living organisms in the BM.  Place the sticks in the bottle and the bottle in a bowl filled with hot water.  You could also leave the bottle out on the counter, in your refrigerator or in your diaper bag to thaw until needed.  The quickest way is a bottle warmer, but you cannot leave it unattended to ensure your warmer does not get too hot.

These answers are probably too late, but wanted to make sure they were answered for the next mom reading this post.  

www.sensiblelines.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"