1st Trimester

My teeth are killing me.

Anybody having any issues with pain in their mouth?  My teeth have been killing me for days now, they are super sensitive and just ache all the time.  I'm not sure if this is a sign of pregnancy or because my sinuses are acting up due to the weather change.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My teeth are killing me.

• My teeth seem to be more sensitive to hot/cold and my gums bleed a bit when I floss now. I just attribute it to increased blood flow...?
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I've heard that your gums are more sensitive.  They get red and puffy and sometimes tend to bleed more if you're pg.  I've never heard of achy teeth, but it probably is a symptom, just like everything else!  Tongue Tied
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageABeautifulMind:
    I've heard that your gums are more sensitive.  They get red and puffy and sometimes tend to bleed more if you're pg.  I've never heard of achy teeth, but it probably is a symptom, just like everything else!  Tongue Tied

Ditto.  The gums are more vascular during pregnancy.  Definitely a time to be vigilant about oral hygiene. 

DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been having headaches and jaw aches!  Both my upper and lower jaws have been very sore for the last two weeks, so I'm wondering the same thing!
  • I'm lurking! Just wanted to say nearing the end of my first trimester, I started clenching my teeth when I sleep. I would wake up with a headache and sensitive teeth. Same thing happened to a few of my gf's.

Also...Sensodyne is the best toothpaste for sensitive teeth, hands down. Big Smile

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm a dental hygienist so hopefully this will help.  I have never heard of pregnancy causes your teeth to be sore/hurt. That may be coming from your sinus due to your sinuses being close to your upper teeth.  It is very common for people to think they have a toothache and instead it being there sinuses. As far as your teeth being sensitive to hots and/or colds I've never heard of it during pregnancy but mine have been a little sensitive lately.  Just use sensodyne toothpaste or any toothpaste for sensitivity.  Also make sure you aren't using a whitening toothpaste it can cause sensitivity During pregnancy your gums are more likely to be sensitive and bleed more than normal due to hormones (of course).  
  • Before getting preggo, I had a similar dilemma. I was going back and forth from my dentist to my doctor for two months. My teeth were healthy and they did two dental xrays and saw nothing. Dentist said to use sensodyne, but it still hurt. He ordered my dr to give me a facial xray for sinusitis. Dr saw nothing. Dentist prescribed me some antibiotics. Worked for awhile, but didn't fully go away. Came back 2 months later, this time hurting 10x more. I also found it odd that my dr. could not give me a diagnoses, but my dentist did. The second time around, I changed my doctor. He prescribed me prednisone and an antibiotic. So far, I haven't had any issues. :) oh and I did ask my dr. if it was okay to take those meds cause I "might" be pregnant (a week before my period) and he said yes. Luckily I asked cause my period never came. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • My teeth seem to be producing more calcium deposits  I'm thinking because of the prenatal viatamins. I am bruching my teeth t times a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"