May 2011 Moms

What's that on his head?

I noticed something on LO's head a couple day ago, I don't think it's cradle cap can they even have it at the age?) because it's not white or flaky, this something yellowish and crusty. I tried shampooing and massaging with a brush to stimulate the area but it didn't loosen it up. It's still crusty and very stuck to his head, I tried picking it with my nail and that was the only way I could remove it. It's only on the crown of his head...any thoughts? TIA.

Re: What's that on his head?

• Sounds like cradle cap. If you rub some baby oil or olive oil on it then use a fine comb it will come right off
  • It sounds like cradle cap to me.  It usually appears in the first few months of life and can last for several years (most cases disappear by a year though).
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • totally cradle cap.  ugh.  norah still has some where her soft spot is.  ugh. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, K had a spot about the size of a pencil eraser last month. Cradle Cap
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO had it pretty badly and the oil didnt really help. I cooked some camomile tea, let it cool down and massaged her head with it a little bit. Her head looks much better now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • The yellow crusty version is what DS has too. The oil isn't doing much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son had it pretty badly and I took baby oil and let it soak in while i was bathing him then took a fine tooth comb and combed it through and then just rinsed with water, I let the baby oil soak in his hair over night the next day, I took a comb and went through his hair thoroughly and all of it came loose. Then bathed him again and washed his hair and took the comb again and baby oil and combed through again and then washed it all out. It was completely gone! I think the trick was letting the baby oil soak overnight and then combing it while the hair was dry it really loosened it all up. 
    BFP #1 July 2009- MC 5 weeks 5 days BFP #2 August 2010 - CP BFP #3 September 17,2010- Baby Max born 5-24-2011 BFP #4 June 22,2012 at 11 DPO 6/29 Ultrasound showed nothing Beta #1 763 at 18DPO 7/3 Ultrasound showed just gestational sac Beta #2 3111 at 22 DPO 7/9 Ultrasound #3 there was a heartbeat! Beta #3 17,578 at 28 DPO Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageheikem87:
    My LO had it pretty badly and the oil didnt really help. I cooked some camomile tea, let it cool down and massaged her head with it a little bit. Her head looks much better now.

I have lots of chamomile, I'm gonna put it to use, thanks!

• imageAmber71379:
    My son had it pretty badly and I took baby oil and let it soak in while i was bathing him then took a fine tooth comb and combed it through and then just rinsed with water, I let the baby oil soak in his hair over night the next day, I took a comb and went through his hair thoroughly and all of it came loose. Then bathed him again and washed his hair and took the comb again and baby oil and combed through again and then washed it all out. It was completely gone! I think the trick was letting the baby oil soak overnight and then combing it while the hair was dry it really loosened it all up. 

Thanks for the advise! :)

• I met a boy at my MOMS club who is 18months and he still gets cradle cap. Sorry.
    imageimage
  • Definitely cradle cap.  It can get really yellow and scaly and nasty looking.  And they can absolutely still get it at this age.

Check behind the ears too. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"