Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Does anyone else not have a bath tub?

We don't have a bath tub in our house- just stand-up showers (long story). I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and what you used to give your baby a bath. I'm assuming the kitchen sink will be our best option for a while but I'm not really sure what to buy/use to hold him in the sink. 

Any ideas or recommendations?

TIA!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone else not have a bath tub?

• Options
    We have a bathtub, but we bathed DS in this for at least 9 months.  It comes with a sling so you can give them a sponge bath in there right on your kitchen table if you want.  Then it fits right over the sink, and we used it that way for probably 6 months.  Later, when he was splashing around a lot and making a giant mess in the kitchen, we put that tub in the big bathtub since it made it easier to wash him without him slipping all over the big tub.  You could do the same thing and put the little tub inside your shower area. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We don't, but it's not a big deal. We moved into our house a week before Nick was born and when Mia was 22 mos old and we either bathed them in the sink then or just brought them in the shower with us. Now they're just used to showering. When we moved in we thought it was one of the first things we'd change, but other stuff took more immediate priority and then it just didn't seem like as big of a deal once we figured out that the kids didn't care about being in the shower. Nick actually really liked it as an infant when he was really upset and nothing else would calm him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do, but I honestly never use it.  Kids don't need that much water! :)  We use THIS.  The beak quacks, the bottom is non slip and inflatable, and you can use it in the shower or on the countertop.  Or we just take them in the shower with us. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    we have one but don't use it to bathe DD.  She gets the sink or the shower with me.  It's just easier that way. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Options

The house we moved into recently didn't have one (only showers) so we put one in. It would have been fine when DS was little enough to use the infant tub, but we find that we really need a full sized tub for him now. Bath time is fun and very much needed - toddlers are walking messes :)

He does not like taking a shower - hard to get a kiddo to stand still in there, and most will not like the water pouring on their heads. Not to mention a shower doesn't really allow for the fun play time, bubble baths, etc.

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"