Maine Babies

starting to get discouraged...

why is everyone else's babies sleeping so long and andrew wont??

how long is your DC up before they "go to bed"?? 

Re: starting to get discouraged...

• Kellen's long stretch is from 7-12 or 1, and I'm not going to bed at 7.  Usually he only goes 4 hours in the middle of the night.  Last night was a fluke and stressed me out.
  • Evie doesn't usually start her long stretch until 9 or 10pm, then wakes up around 4am, 6am, then up for real at 8am.  She cat naps in the morning and usually has a more serious nap around 4pm.  Although lately there have been a few 2am wake up calls.  I don't feel thoroughly exhausted, so I can't really complain.
  • Loading the player...
  • She's up from 4:30pm until 9:30pm. She's also up most of the day now with only 1 really good nap early in the day & short cat naps the rest of the day.?
  • Don't feel bad!  Ben still will only sleep from around 8:30-2ish, then maybe 4:40-5, then 7-7:30.  Hopefully the doc will give the okay at his 4month to start discouraging the middle of the night feeds (at least one of them).  How will do that is another story...  :)

To answer your other question, he's usually up 4ish hours before he goes to bed.  During the day though he takes 45-50 minutes naps approximately an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half after he wakes up from the last one.  If I miss my window of opportunity though, he's up and very fussy about it.

• Kate doesn't usually start her long stretch until around midnight, though sometimes she'll go down around 10:30.  She's usually up for about 5 or 6 hours before she goes down...she cluster feeds and is fussy during this time.     

FWIW, she didn't start sleeping at night until she was 2 and a half months old...before that DH and I slept in shifts.  

• Gianna is very unpredictable so don't feel bad!  She will most likely be up and cranky all day long today because she slept so well last night.  There are days where she is awake ALL day long and there are days where she sleeps ALL day long.  FWIW she was awake from 6pm to 12:30am last night for DH (I go to bed at 7:30pm) - he was at the end of his rope when he gave her to me at midnight.  That was before her marathon sleep so she was probably really overtired! 
  • Last night was a miracle.  Definitely not anything that happens consistently.  In fact, for 3 nights before that, he was awake every 3 hours.  No fun.  Plus he only naps on me, in the stroller, or the car.  We definitely don't have the sleep thing down.
  • Oh, honey, don't feel bad- we are all over the map here!  One night he'll sleep 5 hours at a time, the next 2.5....we just never know.  He usually catnaps throughout the day, then has a very awake time between 5pm-10pm or so...then DH gets him down to sleep by 10:30 or 11.  I feel like at this point our little guys are still on autopilot- they're going to wake up when they need something.  Hopefully in another month or so it will get more predictable- it seems like 3 months is a turning point for a lot of my friends' kiddos!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Avery is a good sleeper. But she's a horrible eater! :( She's been like that since day one. I get discouraged too sometimes but then I thank my lucky stars that she sleeps well. I guess every baby is different. When you get discouraged try to remember his strengths. He'll come around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"