Secondary IF
Options

Post about AMH again

So I went to the RE yesterday and he said that my AMH level of .7 was definitely not good, and that we would need to be much more aggressive this time around.  I'm wondering if with all of our issues it would be best to just skip IUI and head straight to the big stuff.  I know some people on these boards mentioned that their RE's didn't think a level like that was that terrible, but mine dropped the IVF bomb and even the donor egg bomb on me yesterday which was really surprising to me.  I know age doesn't always matter, but at 27 and having a successful pregnancy with clomid and IUI not too long ago, I didn't expect to hear that!  Ugh.
*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

Re: Post about AMH again

• Options
    Is there any chance he's jumping too far ahead too quickly?  Is he open to trying another IUI if that's what you want?  We don't want our REs to move too slowly, but it seems like he's moving pretty fast... what a way to add to the stress!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    I know!  Donor eggs?  Really?  I mean, I know that would be a last resort, but woah!  Obviously we want to do something that we have a chance of success with, but I guess I was hoping IUI would work again!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine was just .87 last time it was tested, which was much lower than the 1.5 I got in November (I'm 41).

We are out of ART now unless DH's job changes. 

If I had insurance coverage, with my numbers I would do IVF with ICSI and PGD before going donor eggs, and I don't even know if I could go the donor egg route.

But that's after a year of 3 IUIs and several medicated TI cycles, and a few breaks, that yielded me only 2 CPs. And my age.  You are the only one who know what you are ready for. All I know is that my RE was pushing us toward IVF with ICSI back in Nov 2010.  If only we had insurance coverage. $23K out of pocket is just to much.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm in a similar boat, my AMH was .78 almost a year ago and I'm 27. One RE acted like she didn't think that had anything to do with why I'm not getting pregnant (we are also dealing with MFI), and another painted me a very gloomy picture. We have actually started an adoption journey, but there is a part of me that just can't believe my eggs are that bad.

Do you know what your antral follicle count is on ultrasound?

• Options

WAAAAAY too soon to talk about donor eggs! There was a person here who had an AMH much lower than yours and was able to concieve with IVF no problem. Please don't give up. And please don't let your RE get you upset about this.

On another note. When I got my AMH results my RE said that it has to do with egg quality as well. I did some research about how to improve it and found a TON of info. It takes about 60 days, so if I were you, I'd start on that right away.

Good luck to you and I know that you will be successful. If it were me, I'd switch RE's. The fact that he brought up donor eggs so early is rediculous.

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options
    imagelillinzlou:

WAAAAAY too soon to talk about donor eggs! There was a person here who had an AMH much lower than yours and was able to concieve with IVF no problem. Please don't give up. And please don't let your RE get you upset about this.

On another note. When I got my AMH results my RE said that it has to do with egg quality as well. I did some research about how to improve it and found a TON of info. It takes about 60 days, so if I were you, I'd start on that right away.

Good luck to you and I know that you will be successful. If it were me, I'd switch RE's. The fact that he brought up donor eggs so early is rediculous.

What have you been doing to improve your egg quality?

• Options
    I can't believe my eggs are that bad either!  Insane!  Especially since the first time we did IUI I got preggers with only 50mgs of Clomid!  I'm beginning to wonder if that was my once in a lifetime, miracle, "surprise" BFP!  Granted my husband had 14 mil post wash with 2% morph with that IUI (when he was tested this month he only had 10 mil pre wash with 2% morph ... eff), I just don't understand how so much can change in one short year!  Anyways, I'm having another lap done on Monday to make sure I'm endo free (yippie) and then I'm hoping and praying that we can start this process again in October, although I don't really feel like wiping out our savings account or dipping into our kids college fund to do IVF ... blah.  I feel like I can't waste anymore time!  I don't want things to get even worse!  I'm not sure what my follicle count was before.  I never asked and I don't think he ever told me?  I'm going to ask if he can look at everything again this cycle.  If we did end up having to move towards IVF I would go somewhere else.  A second opinion can't hurt!   

• Options

I agree with the others.  It is way too soon to think about using donor eggs.  I would try doing a few cycles of IUI first.  Your AMH isn't that low.  When mine was done over a year and a half ago, it was 0.3.  My RE kept telling me not to worry, that he had a patient with a 0.1 get PG. 

Last year, I had a couple failed IVF cycles due to poor response and after taking DHEA, I finally produced more follicles.   Who knows what it would have been in Feb at my last ER (I only did IVF due to having no tubes). 

Don't stress out and if you need to seek a second opinion, do so, I did.  Also remember that the quality of your eggs is more important than quanity.  Wishing you the best of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options

imageSaraevh:
    I can't believe my eggs are that bad either!  Insane!  Especially since the first time we did IUI I got preggers with only 50mgs of Clomid!  I'm beginning to wonder if that was my once in a lifetime, miracle, "surprise" BFP!  Granted my husband had 14 mil post wash with 2% morph with that IUI (when he was tested this month he only had 10 mil pre wash with 2% morph ... eff), I just don't understand how so much can change in one short year!  Anyways, I'm having another lap done on Monday to make sure I'm endo free (yippie) and then I'm hoping and praying that we can start this process again in October, although I don't really feel like wiping out our savings account or dipping into our kids college fund to do IVF ... blah.  I feel like I can't waste anymore time!  I don't want things to get even worse!  I'm not sure what my follicle count was before.  I never asked and I don't think he ever told me?  I'm going to ask if he can look at everything again this cycle.  If we did end up having to move towards IVF I would go somewhere else.  A second opinion can't hurt!   

They're not!  I think MFI is your main issue, and IUI can help that.  We have no MFI so did TI; Elena was born nine months after my AMH came back at .17.  Again, antral follicle count is more important, I think.  Repeat after me, an AMH of .7 is not bad.  (My RE would have been THRILLED with that number.)  And even if it were, MANY of us with MUCH lower have gotten pg WITHOUT IVF.  Again, mine was .17 and my AFC was super low and my RE still recommended TI and it worked. :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    Okay, I'm repeating after you ... it's not that bad, it's not that bad, it's..not..that..bad...  I'm going to keep telling myself that.  I'm real worried about my husbands crappy sperm too!  The two of us together is not a great combo lol ;) 

• Options

Yes

Wink 

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"