Did baby's gender turn out different from what you were told? — The Bump
Houston Babies

Did baby's gender turn out different from what you were told?

I'm just curious if anyone here has experienced this. I guess I'm feeling a little paranoid because I've heard "stories" about couples who were told throughout pregnancy that they're having one gender only to find out it was the complete opposite at delivery! I know the chances are low....but I have gone pink overboard for DD's nursery, so if it turns out we have a boy...I'll be getting a shock of a lifetime. And so will he with his pink room :)

Re: Did baby's gender turn out different from what you were told?

• I have only heard of 1 - a CW was told they were having a girl at an early (maybe 15-16 week appt?), but at the 20 week AS, they said boy.   So, they found out pretty early.

I am slightly concerned only b/c we don't have a very good u/s pic of it - but both the tech and the doc that looked agreed with the sex (and didn't mention any troubles finding out), so I hope it stays the same!

I am having another u/s in a few weeks just to monitor everything, so I am trying my best to not break open the bedding or paint before that.  We did however, already order furniture, and that is probably not returnable - maybe they will exchange it? :-)

• I've heard of it happening but hasn't happened to me. 

DS we found out at 18 wks he was a boy and he definitely was.

This one, we did the Jack or Jill blood test at 13 wks and it said boy.  I had my a/s at almost 21 wks and he definitely looks like a boy, so I'm not expecting any surprises in the delivery room.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • My coworker had this happen. No idea why they got it wrong. It was their 2nd kid and they were expecting another girl. So they didn't have a shower, we just bought them a bunch of diapers... because they had everything, right? We were stunned when he called from the hospital to tell us that Caroline turned out to be a William instead! The good news was that their nursery was yellow and they had gone gender-neutral for the first kid, so they just needed all new clothes.

- Jena
  • It was pretty easy to tell the boys were boys. Might have not been so sure about a girl, but this was clear.
  • image BritanyV:

I've heard of it happening but hasn't happened to me. 

DS we found out at 18 wks he was a boy and he definitely was.

This one, we did the Jack or Jill blood test at 13 wks and it said boy.  I had my a/s at almost 21 wks and he definitely looks like a boy, so I'm not expecting any surprises in the delivery room.  

We also did the Jack or Jill blood test (NOT the one you can buy on amazon, this test is done at a lab with the NT scan) at 13 weeks and it said boy, and it was confirmed by ultrasound twice.  (My doctor even said "That's definitely a boy!" haha)  My son was born 3 weeks ago.  :) 

I think I would have been more cautious if the Jack or Jill test said "girl", because I've heard of the test being wrong for that.  (The way I understand it is that the test detects the XY chromosomes, and if none are found, they assume girl.  But it can be wrong if the test is done too early.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards