South Carolina Babies

NBR: Can anyone recommend Charleston Restaurants

Hi Ladies!

DH, DS (4 months) and I are excited to be visiting your beautiful state in a few weeks! We are headed to Charleston for a long weekend. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good restaurants. We are going to have DS with us, so we aren't looking at any of the very high-end restaurants, but he's a very low-key baby who will sleep anywhere, so we are fine taking him to most places. We're okay with touristy if they are worth the hype, but would also love local recommendations as those are usually the best. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Can anyone recommend Charleston Restaurants

• Hi! I have a couple I have two favorites I can recommend. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is really great for seafood! :-) Another favorite we have gone to a few times recently is Charleston Crab House. It's right by the water and very nice. The food is really good two. We have taken both of our girls to these restaurants (I have a 4 year old and 11 month old)
  • If you want to go to Mt. Pleasant try Charleston's Cafe. My DH and I went there with our then 6 month old in June while we were on vacation and it was so good! We went for breakfast and got the island potato caseroles. He got the special of the day (I don't see it on the menu online but it was something with shrimp and stuff in it) and I got Kiawah Island. Mmm now I wanna go back haha. Here's the website:https://charlestonscafe.com/. There's a bunch of good seafood resturaunts in Isle of Palms too. I also agree with PP about Charleston Crab House. Bubba Gumps is ok, the atmosphere is great but the food is just ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Fleet Landing is the absolute best place to eat in Charleston! It's got amazing food and really good views along the water, plus just a short walk away is a pier with swings, so nice after dinner. I recommend everything, but the best is the calamari and the she-crap soup (must try this if you've never had it). To me Bubba Gump is right inside the market area, so very touristy, and it's really expensive for what you get (just average food quality).
  • I would suggest Poogans Porch-downtown Charleston on Church street. They have been featured on several differnt food network shows and also Ghost Hunters as it is one of the most haunted places in America. They have amazing shrimp and grits and the mac-n-cheese is outstanding.My husband and I visit this resturant often with our son.

If you do not mind traveling over the bridge to the Mount Pleasant area, visit Morgan Creek Grill on the Isle of Palms.It is a spot the locals go and sits right in the marina and has amazing views of the intercoastal waterways. Sit upstairs for a more relaxed atmosphere and in my opinion better views. They usually have live music as well.

Also a favorite of ours is Mellow Mushroom(the Mt.Pleasant location is bigger than downtown and a good place to go watch football,very kid friendly) for their amazing,unique pizza and their pretzels are really good as well, they make everything from scratch so expect for it to take a little onger than other places...

Red's Ice House on Shem's Creek in Mount Pleasant is a weekly place my family and I go as well...its right on the water and there hasn't been a time that I have gone that their wasn't dolphins and pelicans giving all the guests a show,especially when the shrimp boats pull in...it's a local spot with great seafood.

Hope this helps! Hope you enjoy your time in the Lowcountry.

• If you're downtown or on Folly Beach, I would suggest Taco Boy.  Really good Mexican food, and the guacamole is AWESOME.

If you happen upon Sullivan's Island, you must go to Poe's Tavern.  It's named after Edgar Allen Poe, who lived on the island for some time.  The burgers are the best in the area, and it's a neat atmosphere, though a little crowded on the weekends.

For dessert, go to Cupcake on King St. downtown.  Best cupcakes around, hands down.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BFP 8/31/11; Missed miscarriage 10/14/11
    BFP 12/18/11; EDD 8/20/12--grow baby!

BabyFetus Ticker

"Playing music is supposed to be fun. It's about heart, it's about feelings, moving people, and something beautiful, and it's not about notes on a page. I can teach you notes on a page, I can't teach you that other stuff." Mr. Holland's Opus

• You really can't go wrong eating in Charleston! Some great ones downtown are Poogan's Porch, 82 Queen and Justine's Kitchen (not upscale but SO good!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"