Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

LASIK

Can anyone recommend a good surgeon? Cost is not an issue, I am willing to pay for the safety of my eyes! Thanks in advance
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: LASIK

• Options
    I can't recommend anyone good. I know 3 people who've gone to the people you hear about on tv who are supposedly the best (Dr. Booth, etc). They still can't see a thing without glasses. They've even had it redone and still can't see. I don't want to change your mind, but I wanted you to be aware that it's much more common for the procedure not to work than the tv ads let on.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had mine done at Key-Whitman about 7 years ago & have had no problems. I'd worn contacts since the 3rd grade so being able to see all the time without contacts/glasses is amazing to me & I consider it the best investment I've ever made!

(Dr Whitman was the one who did my surgery)

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrsjones06:

I had mine done at Key-Whitman about 7 years ago & have had no problems. I'd worn contacts since the 3rd grade so being able to see all the time without contacts/glasses is amazing to me & I consider it the best investment I've ever made!

(Dr Whitman was the one who did my surgery)

Similar story....had mine done in early 2005, had worn glasses since 2nd grade. Pretty bad astigmatism and Dr. Whitman even suggested I may require 2 separate procedures to get to 20/20. Dr. Whitman did my procedure and the first time around he got me to 20/20! Was about $4-5K when I did it, but like PP - TOTALLY worth it not only for quality of life, but also b/c financially, I easily spent 800 - 1K per year between speciality contacts, glasses, prescription sunglasses. My toric semi rigid lenses were not cheap and I went through seveal pairs/year.

• Options
    This may be late but my husband is an optometrist in an ophthalmology group and refers all of his patients to Cornea Associates of Dallas, particularly Brad Bowman for Lasik. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all your suggestions!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"