March 2011 Moms
Options

GD March Momma's check-in

Hey everyone!  I can't believe all of our babies are going to be 6 months old this month!  Time really has flown by.

Anywho... I was just wondering what everyone's weight loss status is and what your current eating habits are in comparison to before you got GD. 

Personally, GD was the MOST DIFFICULT thing I've ever been through since it happened right before the holidays.  However, it's the best thing that ever happened to me.  Pre-pregnancy, I weighed 130 but ate like crap.  Right before I had my DD, I weighed 143 and now I weigh about 112.  So in total, I've lost around 30 pounds of "pregnancy weight" but weigh 18 pounds less now (than before pregnancy) due to the GD diet and breastfeeding.  

As far as diet, I can't go back to eating the way I did   :(    Everything I see, I just think about how many carbs it is!  In a way that's a good thing, but it really is irritating when I just want to eat a freakin' pizza.  

imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

Re: GD March Momma's check-in

• Options

I went back to eating the way I did before I got GD after I had LO.  I wasn't eating badly to begin with, but I don't count the carbs like I had to.  It just drove me crazy to do it and I looked forward to not having to do it anymore.  I only did it for LO.  But I don't need to now anyways.  I always had really good blood sugar readings before being pregnant, and had some bloodwork done when LO was about 3 months and everything was back to normal for me.

Congrats on the weight loss!!

BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options

I went back to my regular diet, though I do watch what I eat a bit better, and do eat more veggies & fruits now than I used to.   I'm almost back to pre-pregnancy weight (5 more lbs) but only gained at most 20lbs during the pregnancy. 

I've recently joined a group of my IRL friends on FB where we talk about goals, ideas, tidbits, etc and keep each other in check.  Hoping to get down below 200lbs (haven't been there since probably jr year of high school.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yeah... guess I should have mentioned that the GD went away after 6 weeks PP.  All of the diet rules are just permanently engrained in my head now Stick out tongue
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    I probably eat worse than I did pre baby... after being on the gd diet for so long (I was diagnosed early) I wanted to eat everything I saw afterwards.  I lost all my baby weight (25lbs) within 6 weeks after she was born, but I haven't budged past that.  I BF but I think I am eating extra calories so it's just evening out. I haven't even tested my blood sugar since I had her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary image image
  • Options

My eating habits were horrible right after having DD. I ate everything sugary in sight since I was so depressed after she was born (suffered with some Baby Blues). My eating habits are better now that I am back at work and try to bring only healthy snacks with me, but I still want to try and get back on track with my eating. Finding out that my GD went away after birth didn't help the cause :)

I'm still weighing less than before I got pg, but gained back some of the weight I lost while I was pg.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have not lost all pregnancy weight, though I haven't been watching what I eat really.  Trying to start.......The GD diet when out the window starting with my first post-pregnancy meal after giving birth.  Failed my 6 week fasting check.  Have another check next week. Dr. said it could take up to a year for my body to go back to normal after birth.  Having GD and having to follow a diet helped me to not put on even more weight towards the end and kept DS at a good birth weight. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"