Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Ugh...help!

DD has had an unsightly scratch on the bridge of her nose for the past 2 months. I put neosporin and hydro-cortizone on it 2x daily. The thing is, during the day, it starts to heal, but at night in bed, she scratches the scab off again. It's become something she does while going to sleep. I'm so frustrated and worried about it scarring! I've also tried liquid bandaid and that did nothing. I've called the Pedi and she just recommended what I was doing already. I've also tried putting socks on her hands at night and she had them off before I even left the room! :( Any advice??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh...help!

• Options
    Is there any way to put a band aid over it? Or something else to protect it? It sounds like it is in an awkward spot.
  • Options
    I don't know how big it is, but maybe one of those small circle band-aids would cover it?  DD tries to pull off band-aids, but she's never able to.  Maybe that would work for your LO?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about a bunch of Vaseline to make it harder for her to pick at it?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have tried the small children's bandaids and you're right, it's an awkward spot but she picked it off once she was in bed. :( I'm really at a loss of what to do. Wish I could post a pic from work, but the sites are blocked. I could try the circular ones, but once she realizes something is there, she picks.
  • Options
    If it's just at night, put a giant band-aid on it.  Granted, she might get that off, too, but it's worth a shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"