High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Checkin**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Here is a link to our injection tips, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47421976.aspx

This is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

ARC 07 (FVL and previous DVT) ? 6/2

Peacelvr74 (DVT) ? 6/6

Ginsing (FVL and MTHFR) ? 6/10

ebbieL (FVL) ? 6/27

Mhtepa (MTHFR) ? 7/7

Abergale (FVL) ? 7/8

MoonPieMama8 (previous PE, AA) - 7/11

LoveDEEPly10707 (previous DVT) ? 7/14

Bonjay (MTHFR) ? 7/16

Damabo80 (MTHFR homo) ? 7/17

Harmsmomma (APS, LA) ? 7/19

Sletcr (Prothrombin mutation and MTHFR) ? 7/22

Sky1154@aol.com (FVL) ? 7/23

Pookums (Prothrombin mutation) ? 7/25

trpIL06 (FVL) ? 7/27

Mrs Case (MTHFR) ? 8/4

Aprileckhart (previous PE) - 8/8

Mmiller0512 (protein C) ? 8/10

Denisedugger (APS) ? 8/11

BDAVIS6 (LA) ? 8/13

Laurenharrison (FVL) ? 8/15

CHI-06 (FVL) -  8/25

Festivus (FVL homo) ? 9/19

J0977 (MTHFR) ? 10/1

Hjbarra (MTHFR) ? 10/1

Jakemsmom (previous PE) ? 10/3

ChicStylishMom2be (FVL) ? 10/10

ChrissyDipi (FVL homo) ? 10/16

CakeBatter (Protein C and S) ? 10/19

Artzyfartzy16 (DVT) ? 10/21

CILLAJ8 (PE) ? 11/7

704Bride (MTHFR and PAI-1) ? 11/18

Vlong4 (previous DVT) ? 11/26

Courtneyw06 (FVL) ? 11/27

LuvMyFurbaby (previous PE) ? 11/27

BipBopBoo (FVL) ? 12/1

Amandar72 (Protein S) ? 12/9

Dondraandluis (MTHFR, Factor II, Protein S) ? 12/15

Lexismom08 (Protein S) ? 12/26

IamAmom2B (Protein S, LA) - 1/5

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  Have you had any strange food cravings since becoming pregnant?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Checkin**

• Options

Hi...I just wanted to introduce myself. I was just diagnosed with hetero Factor II Mutation.  I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant with my first, never been pregnant before or had any miscarriages and never had a clot.

My moms brother had a DVT in his leg a few months ago and they found that he had the Factor II Mutation. He suggested my mom get tested and she also has it.  When I got all my prenatal bloodwork done, I asked that they test me for it..and here I am.

I started the 40mg Lovenox injection yesterday as well as baby aspirin. I had DH inject it into my side area (the nurse suggested the lovehandles). It was difficult to pinch skin there because I am thin. It did hurt a bit...but I don't mind as long as my baby and I make it through this pregnancy healthy.

My EDD is Dec. 4th.

QOTW - Salty foods....chips, crackers, popcorn. I was always a huge sweetooth....now I have such an aversion to anything sugary!

BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Oops, I fell off of the list. I have APS, baby is IUGR. It's been a tough pregnancy, but the injections are going fine at least. In addition to generic Lovenox, baby aspirin, and my prenatal vitamins, I'm now adding an extra supplement of folic acid, calcium, and vitamin D. I'm up for anything to get this baby growing.

QOTW: My only cravings are for fresh fruit, and freshly-made deli sandwiches (which are supposed to be a no-no, but I can't help myself). However, I'll eat pretty much anything that gets put in front of my face, I get sooo hungry. I've got aversions to pretty much all soda now, though I can down a Sprite once in a while if necessary.

EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello-checking back in. I've been on Lovenox since week 12 when I had a DVT the full length of my leg. I was switched to Heparin a few weeks ago (hate it so much!). While the filling of the syringes isn't terrible and the pain is actually less going in than the Lovenox, the bruising and redness is terrible! I do the shots 3 xs a day and am red, swollen and bruised all over both sides. Yuck. But, only a few more days! I'm being induced Monday at 8pm. I am very nervous to be off the blood thinners during delivery. Have no idea what to expect. I go back on Lovenox 12 hours after vaginal or 24 after c-section. I will then have to stay on them another 6 months! I'm dreading the post-partum bleeding while on blood thinners too. Argh! so many worries! They would switch me to coumadin after the first 6 weeks, but I've heard that is harder to control.

I would love to know of anyone's labor and delivery experiences (especially good ones!) and changing over to pills after injections as well as how terrible the bleeding is after birth!

Good luck to everyone!

• Options

Hello-checking back in. I've been on Lovenox since week 12 when I had a DVT the full length of my leg. I was switched to Heparin a few weeks ago (hate it so much!). While the filling of the syringes isn't terrible and the pain is actually less going in than the Lovenox, the bruising and redness is terrible! I do the shots 3 xs a day and am red, swollen and bruised all over both sides. Yuck. But, only a few more days! I'm being induced Monday at 8pm. I am very nervous to be off the blood thinners during delivery. Have no idea what to expect. I go back on Lovenox 12 hours after vaginal or 24 after c-section. I will then have to stay on them another 6 months! I'm dreading the post-partum bleeding while on blood thinners too. Argh! so many worries! They would switch me to coumadin after the first 6 weeks, but I've heard that is harder to control.

I would love to know of anyone's labor and delivery experiences (especially good ones!) and changing over to pills after injections as well as how terrible the bleeding is after birth!

As for cravings: only had cravings for raw veggies and lots of fruit-anything crunchy!

Good luck to everyone!

• Options

Ugh, the medicine does sting. Today for some reason I had a hard time getting the needle out, and when I finally did, a few drops of the medicine leaked out over the needle. That made it hurt even worse going in, I don't know what string of obscenities came out of my mouth, but my SO was impressed.

When I had my first blood clot some years ago, they had me on the name brand Lovenox, and I don't remember it hurting as much or being this difficult to do. The generic brand is rough!

EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • Options
    The generic is much, much worse! The needles are so dull that it is almost impossible. I got my insurance to cover the name brand because I couldn't take the generic due to the pain. Ask you doc to write a note to insurance company and sometimes they will listen? Good luck.
  • Options

Hi there!

Due to HELLP, I ended up having an emergency c section on 5/16. It was so emergency, that because the Lovenox was still in my system, I had to go under general, rather than get the epi. So, since it was under general, DH could not be in the room.

Corinne is doing well in the NICU...now just the long (to me) wait until we can take her home in early July.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Hi! I have antiphospholipid syndrome. I am on heparin, aspirin, progesterone and right now ibuprofen to relax my ovaries from some small bleeding. I started taking the heparin this time as soon as I got a faint positive. After having 2 miscarriages I was diagnosed. This medicine helped me have my son who is three, so I am hopeful. It has been a roller coaster so far for sure. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

Hello all - It has been awhile since I checked in. I am now 20 weeks along and still taking Lovenox 100mg twice daily. A lot of the bruising has gone away which is good, but it still stings like a B*!

The anatomy scan went well and the baby is growing as expected. Hope everyone else is doing well.

I too would love to hear about others delivery experiences while on Lovenox.

• Options
    cs1225cs1225 member

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I have a beautiful 2.5 year old girl. Since her birth, I have had 2 miscarriages.  One was a PMP and the other was an early loss. After the second loss, we went for a work-up as to why we have losses and I found out I have 2 thyroid disorders.  We are now pregnant again, due in early February.  I am take 30mg of Lovenox and one baby aspirin a day to combat the thyroid problems.

I've had 3 Beta tests, which have all almost quadrupled. 

5/29 - 15

6/1 - 45

6/3 - 155

Had a 4th done today and hoping for some positive results! I am very nervous as I'm sure all of you are too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have APS and take Lovenox daily as well as baby asprin and prednisone 10 mg and progesterone. Has anyone tried the prednisone? Its helped my levels come down. I have had one stillborn at 18 wks and a mc at 7 weeks. I am so nervous, I see the doc on Tues and hope we get to see the baby again.I don't have many pregnancy symptoms and that scares me.

Right now I love spicy foods!

• Options
    I have been taking Lovenox since week 6 of my pregnancy. I had a low positve reading for DVT clotting disorder. My DD is 27 January 2012. My OB just told me that we will have to schedule a C-section, and that I have to go under general anesthesia. I am so upset about this news. I have two boys and both births were vaginal with no complications. I hate taking these Lovenox shots and the medicine does burn everytime I take it. My husband usually gives me the shot, but he's been out of town on business for 2 wks, and I had to inject myself. Someone help me...lol! I am interested in delivery details of anyone who is taking the Lovenox.
    IAmPregnant Ticker "If you smell old cabbage everywhere you go, then it must be you!"-Martin Lawrence
  • Options

Hi,

I am so excited that I found this forum!!! I was wondering if there was anything out there for women going through this?!?!?! I had a previous blood clot from taking birth control pills and from the looks of it that one time event is sticking with me for the rest of my life. :-( I am on lovenox once a day. And found that there is very few people if at all that understand what I am going through. It's very comforting to see the many post on here!!!

My DD is April 1, 2012

Craving pizza and sour gummy bears!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"