September 2011 Moms
Options

membrane stripping/sweeping

just wondering if anyone has gone into labor after getting their membranes swept/stripped? Ive heard that this can be really effective for naturally inducing labor. 

thanks ladies! 

Re: membrane stripping/sweeping

• Options

I had my membranes swept on Sunday around 2 pm and went into labor 11 hours later. From my understanding, it's most effective if your body is ready and just needs a shove in the right direction to get things started. 

• Options

I've never had it done, but it worked for my cousin when she was overdue.  I have several friends that it didn't work for though.  I guess it just depends on the person.

Good luck.

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The first time I had them stripped it didn't work.  The second time I had them stripped, the doctor was a LOT more aggressive and my water broke 48 hours later.  It won't work unless your body and baby are ready.  GL!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    From what I've heard, if it doesn't happen within the 2 days after having it done, then it didn't work
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I had mine stripped on Monday afternoon and NOTHING! I am getting induced on Friday.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes! I had Connor around 36 hours after. Never even had a chance to do the castor oil, thank goodness Stick out tongue

ETA: My MW was very vigorous with the stripping. It hurt. But it was worth it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a VERY aggressive membrane stripping yesterday at 2pm.. I was 3cm and 80% .. we were in L&D from 2:30-5:30am with contractions that didn't progress to any further cervical change, but now am back home an have been having regular contractions every 10 minutes since 8am.. so we'll see, I suppose. Stay tuned?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"