New Jersey Babies

St. Peter's New Brunswick

Hello Ladies! I was just wondering if St. Peter's really have all private rooms for postpartum. I thought I heard this somewhere and was just curious. My daughters were born in JFK, so this is will be my first experience delivering at St. Peter's. I've always heard great things. How was your experience?

Re: St. Peter's New Brunswick

• je2161je2161 member

I went on the maternity tour at St Peter's. They cannot guarantee a private, single-bed postpartum room (they have some double rooms), although the majority of moms do get private rooms.

That uncertainty is precisely why I decided to deliver at Robert Wood instead.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• St Peters has ALOT of private rooms.....52 or more I believe....so unless there is a full moon and everyone goes into labor, youre getting a private room.  My room was HUGE...it had a couch, a flat screen tv, a sink in the room, and a very large bathroom. My experience at st peters was amazing.....I would have stayed a month if I couldve. the nurses were all soooo nice, and everything was just wonderful. I really cant say enough about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have delivered my son last year in St Peter, they were remodeling the rooms.  They showed us the new room during the tour, it is very nice room.  However they was busy at the day I delivered and I delivered my son at night, so I had a old room.  It is a private room, but so old and the air system is so loud.  I don't know if they finish the remodeling, if not.....  good luck and hope you will get a new one.  
  • vanfoxvanfox member

They've recently renovated all their pp rooms and the nurses told me that anyone who doesn't have a baby in the NICU gets a private room. I got the biggest one on the whole ward when I was there, completely by coincidence, and it was lovely. I'm not quite sure why the pre-term babies' moms have different rules, maybe it's just where they are location-wise in relation to their babies.

Delivery was excellent, had two very good delivery nurses with me, one during birth, one after before I was moved to the PP ward. I also liked my anesthesiologist. They advocate skin-to-skin unless your baby has an issue when born. If you're planning on breastfeeding, they have at least two very very good lactation consultants, but the nurses might try to push formula on you if your LO doesn't have wet and dirty diapers quickly enough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at St. Peter's in May and had a new private suite. The new suites are spacious and feel like a modern hotel room. They do still use the older rooms when necessary, and if there are many deliveries taking place when you are there you might end up in one of those, but the chances of having to share are extremely slim.

I didn't pick St. Peter's, I had to deliver there based on my OB practice, but I'm glad I did. The post-partum room was comfortable, the nurses and staff were friendly and helpful, and the delivery itself was easier than expected.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of availability of lactation consultants (not enough to go around with very limited hours). They were understanding and persistent when available, but not terribly effective. If you plan on breastfeeding be sure to have your own LC lined up so you have an immediate resource when you leave the hospital - just in case nursing is not going as well as you had hoped.

• imageBridezilla to be:
    St Peters has ALOT of private rooms.....52 or more I believe....so unless there is a full moon and everyone goes into labor, youre getting a private room.  My room was HUGE...it had a couch, a flat screen tv, a sink in the room, and a very large bathroom. My experience at st peters was amazing.....I would have stayed a month if I couldve. the nurses were all soooo nice, and everything was just wonderful. I really cant say enough about it.

Yes

Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"