Postpartum Depression
Options

PPD at 10 months?

is it possible to have ppd 10 months after giving birth?

i have been diagnosed with depression before the LO came but when I found out she was pregnant i came off my meds. and then i thought i would be fine once she was here but now its been 10 months and i just feel myself going back into the depression i was in before she was here.... is it possible to have ppd this far after?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicpu
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PPD at 10 months?

• Options

Yes, it's possible.

Meet with a therapist ASAP for their opinion. Don't be too proud to go back on the meds. 

Good luck!

• Options

Yes. I had it at 10 months and STILL struggle with it even at 14 months. I have heard it can last up to two years with some women. After becoming pregnant again I can not decipher if it is still my PPD or just pregnancy hormones but it is very bad and I am struggling still. 

Please go and talk to someone. If you do not know who to see your OB is a great place to start, and they can refer you to someone.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, it's possible. I didn't even realize I had PPD until about 10 months also. And then after that, it took me quite a while to ask for help. It takes courage to admit that you feel "off" and seek out someone to talk to.
    www.momsalive.com -Resources to inspire and empower new moms
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"