Military Families
Options

PCSing at 37 weeks

I am 34 weeks 5 days and found out we are going to PCS to Little Rock AFB in 2 weeks.  I am high risk pregnancy and on bed rest so I have no idea how this is all going to go down.  Since we are PCSing they should move us and take care of everything but my anxiety is so high right now!  I have planned everythnig with my OBGYN and she knows all about me.  There is a good chance I will have him earlier than we move and just move him with us. 

Has anyone experienced anythnig like this? I'm completely overwhelmed.  I've only been married military for 2 years now so I'm still getting used to everythnig!

Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket

Re: PCSing at 37 weeks

• Options
    I am really surprised that they are moving you so quickly with your condition.  Is your husbands unit aware of your condition?  I would tell my First Sergeant, and see if I could get my date pushed back.  There is always a waiver or order amendment for everything, if you ask the right person.  I would start with the Chief and First Sergeant, and go to the Commander next if need be, and keep going up from there until something is done.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you're on bed rest your OB will not clear you to move. Heck, even without complications most OBs don't want you more than an hour away from the hospital at any given time. Your H needs to talk to the people in charge about your situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing is set in stone yet, but they keep saying that they want to get everythnig going before the first cause of the fiscal year.  My worry is that he will get sent and I will have to stay it while I wait till I can go down there. I mean we have ben apart several times, but this is definately not the time I want him 8 hours away! I know that 4 other people from McConnell are PCSing down there with us at the same for the same mission and no one has exact dates yet but they want us down at the beginning of October.  I'm so scared about the whole thing!  I dont know what will happen.
    Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket
  • Options
    I agree with the above, if they know your condition, they shouldn't be making him PCS just yet.  I know many people who have been in that position and their DH's were able to get hardship orders to keep them in place up to 8 weeks after birth.  Like you said, worse case they can make him go on and keep you behind, but I wouldn't stress about it just yet until your DH has it straightened out.
  • Options
    Yesterday we found out for sure they want him to report 1 October,  I'm going to talk with my OB/GYN about it and see what her recommendations are because I'm not sure what we are going to be able to do.  :-/
  • Options
    My husband and I were told at 37 weeks that we would have to deliver and PCS 4 hours away from home and were gone in 2 days. We lived in temporary housing for 6 months before finally getting orders, cancelling our old lease, moving our things into storage, and moving into our new home. So I know how stressful things probably are for you right now. Just remember, it gets SO much better!
  • Options
    If it werent for the pregnancy I'd be so excited to up and move!  I'm always up for an adventure and the military always provides you with new things (weather they are wanted or not).  We did find out we dont have to leave 1 october like originally stated because of something with change of cheif at the base in little rock.  Not much longer, but we do have a little more notice than originally thought.  I'm trying to think glass half full now!  What a fun adventure, it will be much easier if I can move with a newborn than moving with pre-eclampsia!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"