Parenting
Options

Can you use half & half instead of milk in a recipe?

I don't have any milk.  Too lazy to go to the store (as I've been out twice already) to go buy some.  I am making chicken pot pie with a bisquick top.  It calls for milk to mix with the bisquick -- can I use half & half instead?!  (And yes, you don't need to inform me of the fat/calorie content.  I have the box in front of me!) 

Re: Can you use half & half instead of milk in a recipe?

• Options
    Yes!  I sub half and half for stuff all the time!
  • Options
    yes and it will be wonderful!!
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL Rebekah!
    Thanks girls....we always have half & half.  We seem to never have milk anymore.

• Options

yeah you can...sometimes i prefer to use half n half lol

half n half and milk is ALWAYS in the fridge 

Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Options
    What do you use half and half for that you always have it? I don't think I have ever bought it? Coffee?
  • Options

Coffee.

I use either half & half, fat free half & half or light cream in my coffee. 

• Options

imageMrsStubbs:
    What do you use half and half for that you always have it? I don't think I have ever bought it? Coffee?

We use ours for coffee, and we pretty much always have it in the fridge.

The half & half will make the recipe richer and creamier and probably better overall.

As an aside, did you know that half & half for mashed potatoes makes them much better than milk?

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"