April 2012 Moms

What do you eat when nothing sounds good?

I'm having a really hard time thinking of what to eat for lunch. Blah.

Re: What do you eat when nothing sounds good?

• for some reason salads always sound good.  Cereal usually does too.  I tend to prefer cold things to hot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Usually some type of bread - a bagel, breadsticks, or a soft pretzel. I had breadsticks for dinner last night!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Something starchy. I've been living off of instant mashed potatoes and steamed rice.
  • Crisp Bean Burrito... today anyway haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I almost wish I had this problem. Lol... I woke up this morning craving bologna! I ate 2 bologna sandwichs for breakfast then just chugged a chocolate milk and ate a cookie! I feel like a piggy!!
  • Baked potatoes always do it for me. Most days I can eat anything, but there are some days (like today) where everything sounds blah. The Wendy's $0.99 baked potato is my friend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, I have this problem and it's terrible.  Literally NOTHING sounds good, DH gets so frustrated.  Everything just sounds so terrible, but when I don't eat i feel worse.  I try to make sure that whatever it is it has carbs and protein.  That usually helps and stays with me longer.  I also usually find that once I start eating something it's not so bad, just the thought of eating is bad.
  • Mac and cheese or linguine with butter <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I usually do cereal. In case for lunch, try snacking on something like chips, fruit or some veggies. Or maybe even something soft like oatmeal.
  • Starches... bagels, toast, rice and beans...
  • imagesnoangel79:
    Mac and cheese or linguine with butter <:

This. I feel like I have been living off of mac and cheese lately. I'm starting to feel really bad that I can't seem to handle most meats and veggies :(

• Oddly enough, I've started craving tons of fruit, so when nothing sounds good, I eat any fruit I can, and it usually makes me feel well enough to try a real meal.
  • imagesnoangel79:
    Mac and cheese or linguine with butter <:

Same for me. Mac and cheese has been my life saver (or maybe just my lunch saver, lol) this far.

From Nebraska to Germany, the adventures of the Zwillinge.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• imageKeeleynJesus:
    I almost wish I had this problem. Lol... I woke up this morning craving bologna! I ate 2 bologna sandwichs for breakfast then just chugged a chocolate milk and ate a cookie! I feel like a piggy!!

This makes me gag like wouldn't believe!

A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • If nothing sounds good, I try to go for something healthy. I keep plenty of fruit and veggies in the house. I'll snack on grapes or carrot sticks or applesauce or something.
  • My go to food is cereal, even if it doesn't sound the best I never have any issues keeping it down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageDinabethL:

imageKeeleynJesus:
    I almost wish I had this problem. Lol... I woke up this morning craving bologna! I ate 2 bologna sandwichs for breakfast then just chugged a chocolate milk and ate a cookie! I feel like a piggy!!

This makes me gag like wouldn't believe!

me too!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I ended up getting McDonald's. That always seems to sit well with me, unfortunately! Embarrassed
  • Oatmeal has been helpful for me lately.  Also, yogurt. 
  • Mac and Cheese and grapes... Always there for me (lol)
  • I've been eating a lot of fruit, it's about the healthiest thing I want to eat these days.

Also have been eating a lot of bread, cheese,  pretzels etc. Every day I've been eating subway for lunch, it's just what I want when lunch time rolls around. OK I start wanting it at 9.30 or so when I've polished off my egg & cheese breakfast sandwich. Bizarre how nausea can co-exist so well with ravenous hunger....

• I've been having a hard time finding things to eat as well. The only things that sound good to me are breakfast items and fruit. I'll eat bagels and cereal at all times of the day. I'm thinking about making pancakes for dinner!
  • Very juicy fruit usually sits well with me. Kraft mac and cheese also sits well. Lately I've been terribly nauseated and miso soup has helped a LOT! I bought a bottle of concentrate in the asian aisle at the grocery store. It's WONDERFUL!!!
  • imageHisKathy:
    for some reason salads always sound good.  Cereal usually does too.  I tend to prefer cold things to hot.

Apparently we're on the same m/s diet. I eat salads at lunch a lot, because they sound good and it's the only way I can get vegetables down. I've eaten cereal for dinner a lot too. And for some reason, I do fine with Mexican food and most soups. Go figure.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"